Moixa is a high growth venture and energy industry innovator which has established itself as the UK’s leading residential smart battery storage company.
Moixa invents, manufactures and distributes smart energy technology including the Moixa Smart Battery range and Moixa GridShare – the battery asset management software platform that enables end customers to maximise the usage of renewable energy and unlock mass adoption of EV technology.
The Moixa team is growing fast and we are looking for an EVSE Development Manager to work alongside our Moixa Labs team and the rest of our passionate team in London and Manchester.
The EVSE Development Manager role has responsibility for coordination of all early-stage development activity and prototyping related to new electric vehicle control products. You will be responsible for planning and executing the development program such that we build confidence that potential new products will deliver value to the business.
This role will require the successful candidate to be able to work with internal stakeholders across the business as well as major clients such as OEMs, regulatory and national infrastructure bodies and technology partners. There will also be a strong international focus, so working with extensive remote teams will be the expected norm.
Moixa has a growing product portfolio, managed by an in place product team and distributed through lines in the business. It will be a key part of this role to work closely with this team to ensure the prototypes are commercialised effectively.
- Working with the Head of Labs, CTO, strategy and business development teams to scope, define and plan new strategic developments
- Define project requirements and work with PMO team to plan required project
- Scope the needed technical work and liaise with product and technical team to schedule these tasks
- Understand technical requirements related to 3rd party products, standards and technology partners and map this into an understanding within Moixa
- Be responsible for the development plan, gating and internal communication for any assigned new technology Moixa is developing
- Market research and trend review to understand the technology landscape in which Moixa operates
- Contribute to the governance and processes within the company around how we develop software and hardware
- Coordinate any EVSE management development lines in Moixa Labs. Ensuring prototypes are developed to mitigate all risks, technical, operational and commercial
- Work with technical teams to design, build and test prototype systems
- Work with business stakeholders internally and externally to ensure new products find the market fit and can be supported by Moixa
Your key skills:
- Very strong technical literacy –you can communicate effectively and credibly with technical colleagues
- Making the complex simple – you are great at taking abstract technical concepts and making them easily understood by non-technical stakeholders
- You can see the big picture – you are strategic and adept at prioritisation and planning
- Exceptional stakeholder management – you can influence and persuade, you know how to get business units to work together and overcome conflicting priorities
- Knowledge of agile development practises and tools (Jira, Confluence)
Your ideal experience:
- Software or hardware development experience
- Experience of system design and testing for electrical installations
- Extensive domain knowledge across the electric vehicle sector, in particular smart management
- Working directly with technical teams
- Experience of software development practices
- Product Management experience
- V2G experience
Joining us gives you:
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- 33 days holiday (including 8 bank holidays)
- Private Health Insurance with Bupa
- Enhanced Maternity + Paternity Pay
- £1000 budget + 4 days paid time for your own learning and development
- £1000 bonus for referring a new hire
- Enhanced sickness pay
Duration: Full time
Location: Post-covid restrictions, this role can be fully remote from within the UK, partially remote (you will be able to attend the office in London – Farringdon or Manchester for the chosen amount of days a week) or office-based.
Please note that you will be expected to travel across the UK and possibly abroad on a regular basis, once the travel is possible.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.