Yelp is looking for a Product Manager to supercharge product insights gained from complex data. In this role, you will own building and innovating data products, strategic product reporting tools and behavioral analytics.
You will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of our data consumers and data producers at Yelp, defining and executing a data product roadmap that addresses key needs for those users, and taking ownership of the success and impact of those data products over the long term.
If you are looking to own and improve data analytics and strategic product measurement, at a fast-growing consumer company working with a cross functional group of data PMs, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Platform Engineers, Business Operations, and Finance, this role is for you.
Where You Come In
- Coach product teams in the art and science of strategic product measurement, resulting in better visibility into key product metrics.
- Partner with Data Science and Product leaders to understand how they consume data and how that consumption process can be improved to support Yelp’s strategic goals.
- Drive understanding and documentation of data product use cases to power needs for extremely diverse parts of the organization.
- Work with our platform and field engineering teams to build necessary data infrastructure and pipelines to support reporting and analytics needs.
What It Takes to Succeed
- Data Savvy: Experience in Product Management, Product Analytics, Data Science or Business Analytics.
- Customer empathy: Ability and passion for understanding how people use data and make decisions from it – and how the process can be improved.
- Problem solver with a product mindset: Ability to problem solve complex issues and constantly think about how to make processes more efficient.
- Natural curiosity: Passion for understanding the Big Picture and the key metrics that provide insights to our products and user behaviors.
- Ability to communicate to engineers and executives in the same breath: This is a highly cross functional role that will require close communication across Yelp’s executive team while also helping set vision for a large group of engineers.
- Bonus: Experience with very high availability, mission critical core infrastructure and/or data engineering.
- Bonus: Experience working with ads and marketing organizations at scale.