Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
CA Agile Central (formerly Rally) is a cutting edge SaaS product that helps customers make responsiveness the backbone of their business through agile methodologies. We are changing the way people work for the better. As part of our product team you can lead the charge by making great software while working with great people on interesting problems.
If you join our product tribe, you’ll work among talented engineers, designers, and product managers in a fast-paced, collaborative, technical environment where we have plenty of fun along the way. The role demands great people skills, intuition, facilitation, product-judgement, a willingness to let others lead, and a focus on delivering a continuous stream of value to our customers in small increments.
As a product manager, you will shape the future of our products by conceiving and delivering strategic initiatives. You and your peers will lead the charge in translating the overall product vision and strategy into an initiative roadmap that the business is willing to fund and R&D is capable of delivering. You will execute initiatives from research through launch, ensuring that their strategic outcomes are met and sustained, while sensing and responding to change continuously. You’ll do this by leading a cross-functional team with your passion, knowledge, communication skills and drive.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Owning the vision and strategy of an initiative without ownership over the teams that do the work.
- Leading initiative problem discovery research, hypothesis validation, and solution exploration efforts for early stage initiatives.
- Coordinating and synchronizing initiative-related activities with functions in sales, marketing and other business units.
- Establishing business sponsors for initiatives.
- Understanding and reporting on progress of the initiative with key stakeholders.
- Working with stakeholders and subject matter experts to define the initiative, its potential benefits, and establishing the cost of delay.
- Taking an active role in seeking and supporting customer feedback as a regular part of product development activities.
- Owning customer communication and feedback efforts for initiatives and portions of their component features.
- Working with development teams to size initiatives and provide input for economic prioritization.
- Defining initiative success criteria.
- Shepherding the initiative through its lifecycle, and creating lightweight business cases.
- Presenting the initiative business case for Go/No Go decisions.
- Working with Product Owners, UX, Architects, and Product Directors to split the initiative into features and prioritize them.
- Providing guidance to the release train on the initiative context of the target features.
- Participating in PI Planning, PI Steering, and System Demos.
- Working with agile teams that perform research spikes, create proof of concepts, mockups, etc.
You should have some of these skills today, and a strong desire to acquire the rest:
- You are a great person to work with. Authentic and self-aware, you demonstrate humor, honesty, and high-trust in those around you. You assume positive intent, have a vision but listen to others, and have amazing drive to get things done.
- Passion and awareness of our industry. You know the industry, the market, and the problems we are solving. You know what agility at scale is, why it exists, how it works, and what stops it from working. You’ve seen it in the real world, and can bring that knowledge to our team.
- Product management ability. You know what great product management looks like, and how to achieve it. You know what software and SaaS product management entails, and have experience doing it well.
- Communication ability. You listen, communicate, and present very well. You can work together with anyone, facilitate a room, and find appropriate compromises.
- Problem decomposition. You can break problems down into increments of shippable value and help a group of people drive to action, de-escalate hard conversations, and leverage the skills of others throughout the process.
- Agile execution. You understand, and have experience executing the principles of agile at scale, and would be comfortable working in that environment. At the same time, you have no problem getting in the trenches and working in an imperfect environment to get things done.
- Business acumen. You can work with sales to close a deal, or negotiate an agreement with a partner. You can build a business case, understand a P&L, and comfortably represent both to any audience.
Qualifications you should have some of
- 3+ years of experience working in an agile at scale environment.
- 1-3 years as a product manager or agile product owner.
- Agile certifications: CSPO, CSSM, SAFe.
- Experience building commercial software.
- Software engineering or equivalent technical experience.
- Experience presenting to customers and/or to large groups.
- Knowledge about SaaS product management techniques.
- Experience working with UX design, and/or familiarity with design approaches.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.