Buying a home. It’s a really big decision. But today, the experience is low service, low tech, and sales-driven. The result is a painfully slow and expensive process. We’re fixing that.
Join the team creating the future of how we buy and refinance our homes. We’re creating a better way to make life’s largest financial decision. Our customers get access to a marketplace of 1,000+ loan types, expert and unbiased guidance from expert Mortgage Advisors, and innovative technology that streamlines every part of the process.
Come work with smart, fun, passionate people in an environment that value creativity, innovation, and making an impact. We’ve hired the best from inside and outside the industry. This is a tremendous opportunity to join a growing startup ready for explosive growth. The extra upside is knowing that what you’re doing every day is making a significant difference in people’s lives.
- Partners with Product Managers and Engineers to develop and refine product requirements.
- Develops relevant UX strategies and designs by collecting business needs from one or more stakeholders while considering end-user needs
- Provides consistent, positive contributions to multiple products
- Develops, and help others develop simple solutions
- Proven history using data to make well-informed design decisions
- Product expert, ability to ask and answer strategic questions
- Able to prioritize work based on potential impact
- Can effectively collaborate with team members in other locations
- Promotes user experience and product development best practices
- Ability to adhere and contribute to style guide/pattern library, helping to maintain a consistent brand identity throughout the customer experience
- Creates, and directs the creation of, artifacts used to validate ideas (prototypes, wireframes, sketches, journey maps, personas, etc.)
- Inspires, provides opportunities, tools, frameworks that increase productivity, creativity, curiosity, or consistency
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence effectively across all organizational levels, including members of the executive team
- Strong conceptual and visual communication skills
- Able to clearly articulate design decisions verbally and in writing
- Participates in recruiting, retaining, and mentoring a design team
- Directly manages other designers to help them reach business and career goals, participates in performance reviews.
- Evangelize true user-centered method throughout the company, tireless champion eliminating the unnecessary, and facilitating effective decision-making.
Requirements / Qualifications
- High social and emotional intelligence to understand differing perspectives and work through challenging situations that arise because of ambitious goals.
- Portfolio demonstrating proficiency designing mobile apps and websites.
- 5+ years work experience as a designer
- 4+ years experience leading highly collaborative design teams.
- 9+ Years total experience, eg.5+ as designer and 4+ as a leader/director/senior designer
- Degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Human Factors, Visual Design, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Demonstrated history of team leadership in cross-functional, global environment
- Ability to travel domestically, and potentially internationally
- Experience developing products using A/B testing
- Experience in developing personal finance management applications and other consumer-facing financial applications
- Deep experience working in a highly fluid environment, where requirements aren’t always crystal clear, and boundaries are there to be pushed.
- Recent history of building and scaling successful design teams, in an intense or high growth workplace.
- Demonstrable measures of your design influence at an organization level and industry level: speaking engagements, white papers, published design articles, thought leadership, etc.
- Live and breathe UX and UI that embodies elegant utility.
Nice to Have
- Experience with large-scale, global consumer websites
- Working knowledge of high-performance web application and development: full stack technologies, infrastructure, container and virtual machines.
- Ability to prototype in various services like Invision, UXPin, Framer, etc., or HTML/CSS/JS
What it’s like to work here:
We’ve built our business around our three core values: access, service, and integrity. Here’s how they apply to working at Sindeo:
Access: The business is everyone’s business.
- Easy access to the leadership team and company intel.
- Weekly all-hands, open door policy (we have no doors).
- Dog-friendly office.
- Fully stocked kitchen.
Service: Providing amazing service starts with happy employees.
- Talented, candid, motivated, and respectful people.
- Team-building events.
- Monthly Lyft-to-work credits.
Integrity: Our team is excited to work here, and it shows.
- Work/life balance.
- 401(k) benefits.
- Employee & family medical premiums 100% covered.