Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower organisations and employees to measurably improve their mental health. We do this by providing clinically-backed assessments, tools, training, and signposting that anyone within an organisation can use to proactively improve their mental wellbeing.
Our digital platform is beautifully designed, non-stigmatising and globally scalable – helping to create healthier, happier, more human organisations around the world.
Unmind is transforming mental health in the workplace. We have developed a category-leading digital platform, raised over £10m from top-tier investors, and signed over 80+ clients globally – including the likes of John Lewis, British Airways, and Just Eat… but we’re just getting started.
We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
The Role – Product Manager – Content Services
We are looking for an experienced, deeply empathetic Product Manager to join Unmind’s Product team. We have big growth plans, and our ability to deliver delightful, impactful and exceptional product experiences (for both users and clients) will be paramount to our continued success.
You’ll be reporting directly to our VP of Product, and work within our cross-functional Product Development team to ensure that the problems we are solving are always aligned to our business objectives and overarching product strategy. You’ll regularly collaborate with a diverse group of internal stakeholders, from content creators to clinical psychologists, to ensure we deliver effective solutions to user problems.
We’re looking for someone extremely collaborative, unwaveringly candid, and passionate about all things product. If you’re a highly driven, personable problem-solver, then this is an opportunity to join a fast-growth, high-impact, mission-driven startup.
As the Product Manager for Content Services, you’ll work within our Foundation Collective, which is a group of people dedicated to building the backend products and services that enable our user-facing teams to deliver new and exciting products and features at scale.
You will collaborate closely with Unmind’s world-class Content team. Initially, you will focus on adding multilingual capabilities to facilitate Unmind’s global expansion. You will also empower the Content team to autonomously publish and manage platform content. Working closely with the VP of Product, Head of Content and CTO, you will shape the future of Content Services at Unmind.
We’re scaling quickly, which means that the focus and responsibilities of any position can be quite dynamic – but here’s how we initially see your skills and passion coming to life at Unmind:
Own: Extremely comfortable with every aspect of the software product development lifecycle within cross-functional teams from exploring problem spaces to initial ideation and scoping of initiatives, through to delivery and post-release validation – your actions will have a genuine impact on people’s lives.
Prioritise: There are so many opportunities we could pursue to improve the product, and you’ve got a range of frameworks to lean on to ensure we are ruthlessly prioritising at all times. From bigger strategic opportunities to smaller, tactical initiatives and quick wins, you’re able to say “no” when necessary and communicate to stakeholders the “why” underpinning our current priorities.
Build: You will build new internationalisation and localisation capabilities to unlock new languages on the Unmind platform. You will also empower our world-class Content team to publish and manage platform content autonomously.
Measure: We believe in outcomes over outputs and making data-informed decisions. You’ll be responsible for a set of product metrics that keep us grounded in reality and ensure we’re making progress towards all our important goals.
Learn: We’re proud of our current product, but there’s SO much more to do; you’ll continually distil feedback and data from various touch-points, combining hard numbers with human nous to identify pinch-points, develop solutions, and prioritise actions.
Champion: Generate authentic excitement around product developments at Unmind – evangelising our vision, mission, strategy and roadmap
Craft: From user stories to acceptance criteria and release notes, you’ll be scoping & shipping solutions that will help improve the lives of our users, clients, and partners more delightful.
- Extensive experience of working as a Product Manager, working closely within cross-functional teams (including software engineers) on a day to day basis, ideally within a high-growth startup or scaleup environment
- Deep knowledge of agile methodologies (i.e. Scrum, Kanban) and demonstrable experience of knowing when and how to apply them
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth and constant change, with a demonstrable track record of managing and delivering multiple initiatives in parallel. You’re skilled at communicating change and navigating ambiguity.
- Deep understanding of product discovery and delivery techniques, constantly curious about new ways of working
- Collaborative – you understand the importance of building relationships across all areas of the business. You can easily manage stakeholders and can build alignment within a cross-functional team.
- Skilled facilitator of workshops and team meetings – whether it be for user research & ideation to building and maintaining stakeholder alignment
- You’re always on the lookout for opportunities to learn and continuously improve, whilst maintaining a laser focus on outcomes over outputs. You’re a natural at planning work in an iterative way and optimising for those all-important feedback loops to ensure we’re solving the right problems in the most impactful ways.
- User Research – you value user feedback and understand the importance user research has at every stage of the product development lifecycle. You’re experienced in working with designers and/or user researchers to constantly build our understanding of our users.
- Autonomous attitude (you do not require (or like) micro-management), and believe in empowered teams.
- Team Player – you understand that consistent innovation is the result of each member of the product team contributing their passion and their ideas. You appreciate the importance of psychological safety and are an active participant in nurturing this within your squad and the wider team
At Unmind, we believe in uniting behind uniqueness. We believe our differences are what unites us as humans, and we seek out diverse opinions, beliefs, and experiences because they collectively make us stronger. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
You will be joining a strong, talented team of ~100 people who are deeply passionate about making a positive dent to the landscape of mental health worldwide. We have incredible investors, partners, clients, advocates, and ambitions… which is where you come in.
Our future success(es) will rely on the continuation of that momentum – of which our ability to find, attract, and retain exceptional people (whilst retaining our strong culture and values) will be paramount.
- Great colleagues (personally and professionally)
- £1,000 annual learning budget and 2 days leave to dedicate to your personal development
- Private medical insurance for you and your family
- Life insurance
- Flexible public holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Monthly ClassPass credits
- Cycle2Work Scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy (inc. adoption)
- Flexible working
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Culture of continuous learning
- Dog-friendly workplace