REPORTS TO: PRODUCT LEAD
Join the Surfboard team!
We’re creating an exciting new platform to enable customer service teams to hit their service targets whilst improving morale within their team. We’re building an end-to-end solution that centralises data, makes forecasts, schedules agents fairly and provides them with tools to put development and training at the forefront of their experience. Our mission is simple: happy team, happy customers.
Surfboard is backed by some of Europe’s leading venture capital funds and a set of stellar angel investors who have founded and scaled some of Europe’s most successful technology businesses.
Surfboard is looking for a talented mid/senior Product Designer to join our founding team. In this role, you will be responsible for defining our end to end experience taking into account user research and behaviours of our early customers to create the perfect tool for our various personas: customer service agents, team leads and senior management (head of customer service / COOs). You will help shape our roadmap and get close to our customers, alongside the Product Lead and the rest of the team.
- Own the design of Surfboard’s products including our agent and manager dashboard
- Conduct user research with the different personas our product interacts with: customer service agents, team leads, and C-suite
- Work closely with product, engineering and data to turn product design ideas into reality
- Contribute to brand design and product marketing, including our website and marketing materials
- Obsessive level of attention to detail – you want to get things right and care a lot about how design influences behaviour
- You think about the design beyond the user interface – how our products fit into our users’ lives and how they realise the value we’re creating
- You’re keen to test your ideas quickly through prototyping, user testing, research, gathering feedback, and analysing quantitative data to make sure we’re building valuable products that our users love
- You’re passionate about how design helps us realise our mission – we aren’t looking to build a “better scheduling” platform but are dead-set on changing the behaviours of customer service teams to provide more fairness and autonomy to their agents.
- Bonus points for previous experience working on data visualisation or scheduling products
More about Surfboard
With customers expecting faster, higher quality service across more channels, managing a customer service team is a challenge that has become more important and more complex to companies. A bad customer service experience can result in customer churn and lost revenue, and an inefficiently optimised team can result in high costs. Poor planning causes bad customer service interactions, leading to frustrated customers, overworked agents, and high levels of agent churn, creating a vicious cycle of high costs, low NPS and lost revenue.
Surfboard is on a mission to make customer service better and improve agent satisfaction through better use of data, planning and agent tools. We are driven by three core values in our own work and in the products we want to deliver: trust, fulfilment and balance. By better organising the time of customer service teams, we can use data to improve the morale and development of team members. By providing agents with a more rewarding experience and companies with better planning and scheduling, we can create both happy team members and happy customers.
We believe in equal opportunities
Surfboard an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.
If you are interested, please email your CV, portfolio, and why you are interested in joining the Surfboard team to email@example.com