Designed for PR and Communications teams, MediaHQ is the all-in-one media contacts database and press release distribution tool that you can rely on to find your media contacts, send your press releases, analyse results and get more coverage.
As a company, we have an agile mind-set. We believe in the power of creativity, independent thinking, and taking purposeful action. We want our research product to be powered by this ethos.
Research is at the core of what we do, and our research team takes ownership of our research product. As part of this team, you will also be expected to oversee our database of media professionals and organisations, and play an important role in implementing research best practice in the development of the software which we use to conduct our research every day.
What will I be doing?
– You’ll manage the delivery of a dynamic research software product that:
Uses data flows for maximum return for resources.
Tracks research quality standards and team workflow.
Tracks team workflow to enable the efficient management of a research team.
– You’ll design a robust research method, and new data-driven research standards to address the objectives of the research plan.
– Lead and line manage junior team members to ensure they deliver work on time and to a high standard.
– Be responsible for the training and development of team members.
– You’ll be the research advocate within the Senior Leadership Team and present information on research progress and outcomes.
– The position will focus on media related data from a variety of data sources, running data analysis and delivering insights to the research plan. You will work on the further development, management and reporting of the research plan.
What skills do I need?
– A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
– Experience working on software and working with large amounts of data is essential.
– Team management experience is essential.
– Ideally you have a strong interest in the media landscape and how information is accessed.
– It’s essential that you’re able to think deeply about how information is laid out and understood.
– Excellent writing and communication skills.
– Able to learn new skills and techniques quickly, and share best practice use across the wider team and beyond.
– You’re entrepreneurial; you don’t need direction; you’re self driven and curious.
– You’re organised.
– A love of and experience working with data processes. A talent for staying on top of current industry trends is also desirable.
– Flexibility, ownership and personal accountability are a must.
– A team player attitude. Media HQ is a progressive organisation with a can-do, innovative culture.
– Superb attention to detail.
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse MediaHQ. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability or race.