OneSignal has a lot of the great tech startup qualities you’d expect, but we don’t stop there. Our massive scale and small team, emphasis on healthy life balance and kindness in all our interactions, and focus on ownership and personal growth make OneSignal a uniquely great place to work.
OneSignal’s vision is to power the world’s messages. Our customer engagement platform enables our users to compose and send messages via mobile push, web push, in-app, SMS and email.
The company is growing quickly both in terms of revenue and employees. It’s a great time to join because we’re still early – we’ve raised a total of $35M from investors including SignalFire and Rakuten Ventures and despite our early stage, we have massive market penetration.1 million+ mobile app developers and companies use OneSignal to send push notifications.
We started as a Y Combinator-backed game developer. Our founders were frustrated with existing push notification tools, so we built our own system. It took off like wildfire. Now we help businesses send over 8 Billion push notifications every single day.
We’re seeking an experienced Product Manager to help us build the future of how apps engage their users. Today, OneSignal is already used to send billions of notifications. Your work will contribute to us expanding our already large scale while keeping an ethos of radical ease-of-use. Even a first-time web developer or marketer should see amazing results with OneSignal.
You’ll have a wide swath of ownership. You’ll work side-by-side with OneSignal’s engineering teams to define APIs, white-board product ideas, and create visual prototypes with OneSignal’s experienced design team. Throughout your work, you’ll live and breath data — leveraging data to validate your hypotheses and the impact of your work.
What you’ll do:
- Own roadmap for your product area: understand and prioritize work so your team is always working on the most impactful initiatives
- Talk to customers, understand their problems, translate and evaluate these into opportunities for the business
Work closely in a cross-functional team to explore ideas, discover the problem space and shape the solution
- Validate your hypotheses early and often, know when to prototype, to test, to find more data
- Dive deep into the technical details of our product and APIs
- Motivate a group of smart people to deliver products and experiences users love
- Able to identify product, organizational and process opportunities and drive these, without direction and resourcing
What you’ll bring:
- 4+ years of product experience operating at scale in a tech company or fast-growing startup
- Strong design skills – familiarity with at least one common design tool (we use Figma)
- Familiarity with coding – you don’t need to be a CS major, but you should have a strong quantitative / technical background and be able to navigate your way through code and make simple changes on your ownStrong data analytics skills – including strong SQL skills and the ability to formulate / structure complex analyses to answer key product questions
Product execution – a demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality products at scale
- A self starter that is resourceful and able to act autonomously; not afraid of getting your hands dirty or to be the first to tackle a new challenge
Business sense – you can ruthlessly prioritize ways to build the company and work with our business teams to quantify the value of different features
- Strong communication (written & verbal) & collaboration skills