- Apply your entrepreneurial skills in an exciting new role in SEEK’s International team
- International role working on key, high profile new products for the SEEK Group
- Lead the Global Delivery Pod’s Product team to ideate, design, build and ship great product
- Collaborate with senior colleagues internationally to deliver significant global impact
SEEK is the global leader in the creation and operation of online employment markets. Established in 1997, SEEK is listed on the ASX where it is a top 50 company employing over 6,000 and with a market capitalisation close to AU $6billion. Worldwide SEEK has exposure to 4.1 billion people, owning leading employment and education businesses in Australia, New Zealand, China, Brazil, Mexico and across SE Asia.
SEEKs purpose is to help our candidates live more fulfilling and productive working lives, through compelling employment and education propositions, and to help organisations succeed by accessing the best talent.
A new role created through the continued investment in our Product Management capability, the Head of Product – GDP will take end to end ownership of a portfolio of product initiatives with global applicability.
Reporting to the Product & Technology Director in SEEK International, the successful candidate will lead a growing, distributed team of Product Managers, UX Designers and Data Analysts – based across Melbourne, Kuala Lumpur and Sao Paulo. The role will require some short duration international travel.
The primary objective of the role is to lead the creation of world class products and services that our customers love, use and buy.
The Head of Product will provide the strategic insight, influence and leadership in defining each product’s vision based upon an in-depth knowledge of the customer problem we are solving, determining what success looks like and how to measure it, then designing and building a compelling solution that delivers a significant impact.
The successful candidate will need a strong set of servant leadership skills to successfully grow, develop and mentor a high performing distributed team. S/he will be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, operating in the ‘grey’, with a relentless passion for finding solutions to new and challenging problems.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Outstanding product management professional with significant experience in leading online marketplace businesses.
- Strong background in building new, or significantly improving existing, online product experiences to deliver better customer and business outcomes.
- Highly analytical, able to use data effectively to understand key trends and then make informed decisions.
- Naturally curious, displaying the vision to see beyond the immediately obvious, challenging the status quo and wanting to ask the tough questions.
- A master in the art/science of prioritisation, able to maintain focus and use good judgement to make tough trade off decisions.
- Strong problem solving experience with a customer centric approach, able to think both strategically and tactically.
- Passionate about working with distributed teams to deliver successful outcomes.
- Resilient and action oriented, with a dedication to getting stuff done and ability to ‘find a way’ to persevere through tough challenges.
- A strong communicator able to connect with people cross culturally with passion and energy
- Track record of building and sustaining excellent relationships at multiple levels in the organisation through empathy, candour and a sense of humour.
At SEEK we really value our culture and the way we work together to get stuff done. Our commitment to fostering a work environment where people feel like they’re making a difference everyday has helped us maintain a consistently high ranking in the annual Hewitt Best Employer Award. In other words, people like to come here – and we’re proud of that! We work flexibly at SEEK. Chat with us about how we can embrace the idea of a flexible job for you.