Onfido is a next generation identity verification (IDV) solution, working with global businesses to verify the identities and backgrounds of their users or contractors. Our vision is to build the trust engine to power digital interactions worldwide.
Founded in 2012 by three entrepreneurs from Oxford University, we have grown to a team of 145 across London, Lisbon, and San Francisco and has received over $30m in funding from investors including Salesforce Ventures, CrunchFund, and Idinvest Partners.
We work with over 1500 clients globally, including JustGiving, Deliveroo, Monzo and Uber to streamline customer acquisition, reduce the costs of manual overheads and increase revenue.
Our teams work on several interesting challenges. For example, we use Machine Learning to verify people remotely and instantly, and automatically detect digital forgeries. We strive to provide excellent user experience for customers and empower global clients in implementing different workflows at scale.
We work in cross-functional teams, using agile methodologies with frequent releases and have an iterative culture of of experimentation and learning.
As one of our Senior Product Managers you will help us shape our product and vision. You will have ownership of one or more products. Alongside an Engineering Lead, you will lead a cross-functional product team comprising of engineers and designers, with the support of DevOps and QA Engineers and others. You’ll discover, prioritise, define and specify new features for our products in line with our business’ priorities.
As a Product Manager, you know communication and collaboration is key. You’ll facilitate this between other products teams and other internal and external stakeholders in the interest of coordination.
Our work is innovative and in the fast-growing market of remote identity verification. It is a global problem so our success yields high reward. We are well funded and there are numerous applications of our technology. We work with FinTechs, Financial Services, Sharing and On Demand Economy Platforms – to name but a few.
The role will involve:
- Data – defining and tracking product metrics
- Market Analysis – discovery to capture the client’s needs
- Prototyping – working with designers and engineers to provide product requirements for proposed features
- User Testing – making use of usability testing to ensure our product offers the best user experience and meets client needs
- Planning releases and feeding into the Go-to-market plans
- Agile – augmenting, refining and prioritising backlogs and verifying sprint deliverables
- Communication – with stakeholders, including sales and marketing as well as other senior leads to develop and maintain our product roadmap
- Collaboration – working with other Product Managers and our Tech function to improve internal processes
We think you’ll be a particularly good fit if you’re excited by technology, entrepreneurship and startups. You’re motivated by delivering high quality products, in quick iterations.
- Experience as a product owner of a digital product
- Significant hands-on Agile experience in a customer focussed environment
- Strong analytical ability, both numerical and generally – you can process lots of information and prioritise / analyse it to inform product development
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience either leading or being involved in usability testing and applying the learnings from them
Nice to have but not essential
- Previous work experience with a B2B product
- Experience working in a startup
- Financial services or IDV / biometrics experience
- Experience owning an API product/and or API documentation
- Strong analytics experience
To be a great fit with the Onfido team, and to really enjoy working with us, you’ll be:
- A person passionate about their work and also their wide ranging personal interests; we like people who are interesting and interested!
- An innovative thinker – the kind of person who is always experimenting with new tools/ systems/ approaches to do things better and faster
- A caring and sensitive team member – generous with your own time and highly considerate of your colleagues’
- Able to manage time and prioritise tasks effectively – ability to multi-task is a must
- Able to think critically, draw upon previous experience to make decisions independently and exercise good judgement
We’re committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Bupa Health Cash Plan
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Personalised Financial Advice with St. James’ Place Wealth Management
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- Unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies and many more!
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Monthly company dinners
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- Friday afternoon drinks
- Relaxed and informal office environment