Help build a revolutionary product in OTC energy commodities and deliver it to market
London or Remote, highly competitive salary + equity
Tallarium is a rapidly-growing London-based capital markets/data start-up, developing an AI-powered system for institutional energy trading. Currently, the bulk of the large-scale B2B derivative trading is done via 20-year-old systems like messenger chat, telephone and Excel spreadsheets where data is siloed across teams and functions. Join Tallarium and modernise commodity trading. We build core data and trading infrastructure for derivative trade execution and risk management, allowing faster & more accurate critical trading decisions. We provide services for trading desks at multiple Fortune 500 companies and have been working with the super-majors from our beginning.
Currently, we are a team of 11 with strong academic backgrounds and experience at the world’s top institutions.
Having recently received backing from two institutional VC investors and a major strategic industry player, we are transitioning to the next phase of growth and looking for exceptional people to join.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join the team, reporting directly to the CEO. They will be responsible for translating long-term business objectives and strategy, taking a leading role in driving our market data and trading application to new heights and industry-wide adoption. This is a non-technical role, but a background in trading would be highly preferable (especially OTC energy commodities). This is a key hire as we scale, and as such, they will have a high degree of responsibility and autonomy, as well as interaction with the Board and Investors.
- Working directly with our clients, design, front office and technology teams, you will lead the evolution of the look and feel of a product that will disrupt the outdated energy commodities market;
- Become an expert in our customer’s issues, their needs, and the technology that can address them;
- Build and refine the near-term product roadmap with the company’s executive team, carrying out the user research and planning required to shape the direction of our products;
- Further develop “golden source” data product for the global OTC energy market by innovating in the areas of real-time aggregated price data, OTC trading and benchmark data reporting systems with our industry partners;
- Be the driving force behind the development of a two-sided trading & communication network, creating a digital marketplace;
- Use relationships with the largest traders to determine the optimal deal protocol, data flows and interface requirements;
Build your own plan for product management, and grow the function;
- Exceptional academic background – top 10 UK university or international alternative, ideally a quantitative subject;
- Experience in trading in institutional OTC markets;
- Interest in Product Management and improving products (PM experience is highly valued but not absolutely required) – read Inspired (Marty Cagan) to get a view of what we see product management as meaning;
- Analytical, problem-solving skills with flexible mindset;
- Great interpersonal skills for liaising with energy trading clients, and an ability to present large amounts of complex information succinctly;
- Very fast learner with a highly analytical approach who can solve problems and get things done;
- Work in an exciting, fast-paced startup environment where you can personally influence the course of the company;
- Gain unbeatable product experience, working across the organisation at all levels;
- Potential for personal career growth, building a product management function;
If you are excited to work with us to revolutionise the energy trading industry, working with the largest names in the energy world, then we want to hear from you!