The Product Manager leads and guides the process for setting product vision, defining product strategy, and developing a roadmap that meets both company goals and user needs while being attentive to the entire product experience. This position begins with a sharp focus on the needs of career starters and others who are asking themselves the question, “What do I want to be?” The Product Manager supports cross-team tasks among marketing, customer success, and development teams; manages expectations; and champions the “why” of every choice and decision that shapes the product.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities that contribute to identified business and product strategies.
- Know and understand the needs of career starters as they progress through stages of career awareness and career development as they begin their career journeys.
- Own the product roadmap for delivering solutions that meet existing and emerging needs of career starters within the continually evolving world of work.
- Integrate market analysis, qualitative and quantitative user data, and other product research to inform the process of product discovery, ideation, technical development, measurement, and learning.
- Be a resident expert in the ed tech market, competitive landscape, and business to determine highest priority functionality to build based on user needs, technology evolution, and revenue generation.
- Consult and discuss functionality with developers to scope critical details and evaluate technical tradeoffs that will result in successful product outcomes.
- Inspire product-facing teams, resolve conflicts, and create alignment.
- Understand Kuder’s strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of product management and carrying ideas through stages of discovery, design, development, testing, launch, measurement, and continued learning.
- Practice in delivering the solution experience of a consumer-facing software (SaaS) product application.
- Track record of cross-team collaboration that demonstrates adaptability, leadership, and resilience.
- Experience presenting to leadership and senior executive audiences as well as technical and non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge and skill in using data and user research to drive rigorous product strategy.
- Demonstrated critical-thinking competencies, strategic problem-solving skills, and data-driven decision-making abilities.
- Consistent track record of making informed decisions after weighing all the factors that must be considered (experience, brand, business impact, technical impact, etc.)
- Passion for career guidance, online experiences, and brand growth.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical, working experience.
- 5-7 years of experience in a Product Management role, launching a new product, or multiple major feature upgrades to an existing product.