In Helsinki, you’ll be using technology like machine learning, micro-services and messaging-based architecture on a scale you won’t see many other places. Essentially, you’ll be doing what Google does on the web (only you’ll be doing it in games). What’s more, your work will have a positive impact. It will help creators get paid for all their hard work by powering ads in hundreds of thousands of games. And it will give people the option to play for free by putting those ads in front of close to one billion gamers.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our Unity Ads team in Helsinki. You will work closely with Engineering, Sales and Marketing to compile product requirements, manage the product roadmap and end-to-end delivery of product features. Your role will provide an objective and clear understanding of how our product is used, how it competes in the market, and how we can best help our game developers realize their creative visions.
To qualify, you should have a strong understanding of free to play gaming, monetization / mobile advertising and proven track record in product development either in a company creating mobile games or relevant BtoB software. We value prior experience in software engineering, services architecture and project management in fast growth company or a software startup. In addition to your strong understanding of product and technologies, you are a great communicator both in writing and in person and know how to work closely with software engineers to bring new services to market.
- Assemble product requirements from multiple sources (e.g. strategic planning, developer feedback, usability, sales, competitive assessment) understanding current and future customer needs
- Capture and technically document feature requests from an array of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Write use cases, functional specifications and other feature descriptions
- Participate our daily engineering work in a role of Product Owner
- Work with UX/UI designers to develop workflow diagrams, storyboards and wireframes
- Assist in building business cases and analytical insight for new business initiatives: this requires identifying key issues, quantitatively analyzing related metrics, and communicating results
- Solid experience in product management and/or software engineering preferably in F2P games industry
- Experience in creation of new software products or services
- Technical knowledge and ability to effectively communicate and discuss technical requirements with engineers
- The ideal candidate will have exceptional product management, communication, and leadership skills
- Must be great team player that works well in collaborative situations
- Sound business judgment and ability to build business case around a product or service
Who We Are
We are product-driven, curious, and creative. We aggressively reinvest in development to keep Unity moving and evolving – from expanding usability and power, to platform reach. With over a billion installs per month, Unity touches gamers and non-gamers alike. As well as video games, our software is used in industries as diverse as medicine, visualisation and shopping – democratizing game development while solving hard problems and enabling success for a huge range of developers worldwide.
Today, Unity has expanded to over 15 international offices and has employees in 23 countries. Every person at Unity Technologies has an inherent passion and driven spirit and it isn’t enough to be able to do the job- we’re looking for people that colour outside the lines, are looking to be freed from the process tangle, and can dream big!
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.