Finematter is a fashion-tech start-up, on a mission to digitalize the EUR 300bn+ jewellery market, one of the last remaining analog industries in the global retail landscape.
As a marketplace, our ambition is twofold;
- Create the leading online destination for fine jewellery. We want to redefine the category as we know it, and transform the way people think about and buy jewellery – taking jewellery from consumption good to investment asset
- Help creative entrepreneurs in the jewellery industry scale beyond one store. We want to build the new operating system for the entire industry, and solve the most complex challenges for maker-CEOs, from certification and inventory management to pricing and raw material purchasing.
The scale of the opportunity is enormous. People have bought and traded in jewellery since the beginning of time, and in most cultures, people’s most significant life events are celebrated and eternalized with jewellery. The global jewellery market is valued at more than EUR 300bn, and we’re building a modular end-to-end technology platform to connect makers with buyers all across the globe and change the way this market operates today.
With offices in London and Copenhagen, Finematter has its roots in Scandinavian design with a global outlook. We’re currently a team of 10 experienced people with backgrounds in the jewellery and fashion industry, as well as successful startups and companies.
Finematter raised a USD 2mn seed-round in August 2020, and is backed by some of Europe’s leading VC funds and investors. Dubbed ‘the Farfetch of fine jewellery’, we have been featured in leading publications incl. New York Times, Financial Times, Vogue & more.
Finematter.com is looking for a talented product designer to come onboard to lead Finematter’s UX & UI design. We are looking for a digital designer with experience crafting fashion-forward, beautiful as well as commercial digital products and experiences.
This role spans across the full spectrum of product design, from UX and prototyping, to UI and graphic design, and as one of the first people in the product team, you will have an opportunity to shape the role for yourself and have a tremendous influence on Finematter as a company.
You’ve most likely held various roles in the digital product design field, somewhere along the spectrum of graphic design to front-end software engineering. You are a fanatic for aesthetics and forward-leaning design, and everything you do is with a creativity-first approach. You’ve probably worked in e-commerce, and have a strong personal passion for understanding human behaviour and creating experiences that work online.
Product design at Finematter will involve many facets. We’re an e-commerce platform, with the ambition to change the way people think about and buy jewellery and to develop new shopping experiences that have the potential to redefine the jewellery category. We’re a B2B partner for our goldsmiths, with the ambition to become their primary distribution channel, and to offer a software product that enable them to run their business better. And we’re a media, with in-house photo-studio and a strong focus on visual and written content production.
Primary areas of responsibility:
- Develop and design Finematter’s new product features, from concept development to final design and handover to engineering
- Work closely with the tech-team to implement new product features and ensure quality of delivery
- Lead the product ideation process, with creative explorations of new user flows and experiences
- Work closely with the marketing team to optimize conversion of traffic
- Develop and own Finematter’s design system and library
- Be the team’s design-evangelist, and foster a strong design culture, orientated towards forward-leaning design