WHO WE ARE
Centro delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Centro is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Post-COVID, many of us will be returning to one of our offices (by choice, not requirement — we believe results matter more than where they are produced). This position and all of our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Centro’s Product team guides the innovation and development of our comprehensive tech platform, Basis. This team blends focus, collaboration, and creativity to fulfill our mission in creating a transformative tool that makes work more streamlined and fulfilling for those who power the ad tech industry.
Customer experience is at the forefront of this team’s work—and also includes market research, cross-departmental stakeholder collaboration, user testing, communicating feature requests to engineers and designers, monitoring impact of new feature rollouts, measuring returns on product investments, and more. Together, they leverage their diverse industry experience and talent to brainstorm new ideas, iterate on old ones, and create the best possible product for our customers.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
The role will have a direct impact on growing the business by helping to evolve data capabilities of our real-time bidding platform. Applicants for this role should be highly knowledgeable about big data, data warehousing, BI applications, and operational monitoring.
Other ways you will contribute to the team are by:
- Defining new features and roadmap for Basis DSP Platform components
- Helping identify and execute on technology evolutions to improve Platform capabilities
- Incorporating Engineering feedback on feature scoping and development capacity
- Working with QA continuously to enhance the type and coverage of Platform validation
- Working with external partners at a technical level to identify new functionality and/or efficiencies, and manage the delivery of those enhancements
- Creating feature specifications that support both the Application functionality, as well as the Operational and Technical considerations within Basis DSP Platform as well as all connected external platforms
- Being hands-on to perform proof-of-concept testing and/or provide data where necessary to support recommendations
- Creating artifacts to describe our complex ecosystem of campaign and customer data for the purposes of feature development, reporting, and BI
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- At least 3-5 years of experience as a Product Manager, Business Analyst, or Software Developer
- Working knowledge of Relational Databases and SQL
- Solid understanding of Systems Design, optimizations and troubleshooting
- Experience with RESTful APIs and 3rd party integrations
Knowledge of Big Data, ETL tools, Elastic Search/Kibana a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience and/or proficient understanding of Machine Learning frameworks
- Programming experience in scripting languages such as Python or Java
OUR TECH STACK
- Ruby, Java, Python, and React.js
- Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka
- PostgreSQL, NoSQL
Don’t think you have all the skills required for this role? That’s okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people and believe that Centro’s success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a work from home stipend for employees in closed offices, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams of Centrons that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.