We’re looking for a creative individual with experience of leading digital product teams (ideally in-house), to join us as Lead Digital Product Manager, and head up a team of product managers and analysts.
Shelter has big ambitions for digital – which means we’re growing and evolving our in-house teams. The digital team works closely with creative and marketing teams, particularly in planning and delivering multi-channel campaigns, and ensuring creative solutions are designed and applied appropriately – both on and offline. Shelter’s digital team is responsible for developing and implementing an overall digital strategy, and making sure best practice is applied to all online activities. Design, UX, front/back end development, content production, social media, search and analytics – they do all of this, and more.
Benefits include 30 days’ annual leave, the possibility of flexible working and significant opportunities for learning and development.
Your key responsibilities:
- Leading a team of product managers and digital analysts
- Representing the product team, as part of a digital leadership team driving digital growth
- Providing strategic and technical advice and consultancy to colleagues across Shelter, to help deliver digital solutions to a range of challenges and objectives, in the best interests of those who use our digital products
- Taking the lead in programme-level agile product planning and coordinating product roadmaps for the whole organisation, in collaboration with stakeholders and the product team
- Providing product-level development, strategy, support and lead deliveries for one area of the organization
- Helping to make sure our digital deliveries are as good as they can be, and that we do digital every bit as well as the best teams in the public, voluntary and private sector
And what you’ll need:
- Experience of leading teams with multiple specialisms
- Coaching experience
- A proven track record of leading agile product development, including facilitating ideation, scoping, and validation of ideas using metrics and user research
- The ability to effectively communicate the principles of good digital practice – as well as the technical details of web development – to technical and non-technical audiences alike
- Experience of collaborating with experts from other teams and bringing together different digital specialists, enabling and empowering them to work together effectively to a common aim
- An excellent understanding of agile planning on a programme level, and experience of using a range of digital tools and techniques.
To apply please submit your CV
Shelter is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of clients, in particular children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
At Shelter, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We are facing diverse problems, so need diverse people to tackle them.
Shelter helps over a million people each year struggling with bad housing or homelessness through advice, support and legal services – and we campaign to prevent it in the first place.
We’re here so no one has to fight bad housing or homelessness alone.
Shelter does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.