We are accepting applications from the UK only – we are open to this role being fully remote for the foreseeable. As a business, we’re currently working remotely until July 2021 – details to follow on flexible working moving forward.
Plum Guide is the marketplace of the world’s best holiday homes. Our independent Home Critics have reviewed, visited and tested every property available on our platform, ensuring each home matches our rigorous quality standards. Thanks to that unique selection process, we can guarantee guests who book with us that their stay will be amazing, and the property will live up to their expectations. We’re a mark of quality, striving to become as trusted as the Michelin Guide – but for homes.
We launched 5 years ago in London. Since then, we have expanded to hundreds of destinations worldwide, tested over 100,000 homes and developed a customer experience returning the highest NPS scores (that’s the customer loyalty and satisfaction measurement in the hospitality sector).
We are backed by some of the world’s top VCs and angel investors who have built many of the world’s most exciting companies. These include TransferWise, Citymapper, BuzzFeed, Depop and lots more.
Our focus for the next 12 months is on scaling our collection of homes across the USA, UK and Europe, acquiring new customers and delivering an exceptional customer experience.
Product at Plum Guide
We’re problem solvers and enjoy working at a fast pace to deliver value to our customers. We work in cross-functional teams, and together we discuss, design, build and constantly improve the experience of both the guests and hosts using our platform. We talk to users, analyse data, test our ideas and iterate, and always ship meaningful and quality-focus experiences. Our product teams split across: experience, growth and marketplace. Each team focuses on a different part of the product, and everyone is responsible for driving change and delivering impact.
We are looking for…
An awesome product designer to join Plum Guide’s growing product team. You’ll join as our only designer (for now), working closely with product managers, engineers, brand creatives, and other stakeholders.
- You will have at least 3 years of experience and feel comfortable working independently and collaborating with different teams on all parts of the product.
- Excellent communication skills and experience managing multiple stakeholders is a must.
- We’d like you to have a great sense of aesthetics to maintain and enrich our characterful and high-end visual brand.
- You will also be an empathetic character and have experience in designing user-centric digital experiences for transactional, high-frequency b2c products (essential).
- You have experience producing design solutions based on research and usability studies and have conducted some user research yourself, with or without support from other team members.
- You can show us a portfolio of extensive product design experience, prototyping, interaction and visual design. You can picture yourself as a design advocate for Plum Guide and a guardian of our customer experience.
- We use Figma, inVision, and Principle, so it would be awesome if you do too (but if you use other tools, we’re happy to consider switching, or you’ll have time to learn the ones we use).
What you’ll do at Plum Guide
- Work on every aspect of the product’s design, from solving our core customer problems to shipping a well-tested and high-quality UI
- Contribute to and maintain our design system
Run and/or support user research and insight gathering activities
- Create product designs, prototypes and other artefacts to convey your ideas and solutions
- Advocate for design and user experience in the company
- Ensure overall brand cohesiveness across the product
- You are great at writing UX copy.
- You’re talented in illustration, animation or designing iconography.
- You are fluent/native in a second language.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Pension scheme
- Rest up to 25 days of the year
- Medicash Health Insurance
- Maternity and Paternity leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Assurance policy
Plum Guide is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.