This is a rare opportunity to join a product-focused startup and drive the direction of a new SaaS product .
If you like talking to customers in over 80 countries, thinking big, experimenting continuously and shipping fast with smart people who will inspire and support you… keep reading!
As a Senior Product Manager at eporta, these are the sorts of problems you’ll work on:
- Help makers & designers to build their business, recover from the pandemic and thrive
- Create tools that allow makers to show off the quality and sustainability of their products
- Explore novel and innovative ways of generating images of physical objects e.g. 3D visualisations
- Develop APIs to connect makers’ product catalogues to online marketplaces
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for an experienced product manager who knows how to collaborate with their squad and business partners to discover and deliver products that are valuable, usable, feasible and viable. You’ll have the skills needed to support an agile squad day-to-day, run product discovery and synchronise with partners across the business. Beyond that, we value:
Humility – you are open about your own strengths and development areas. And you’re comfortable with the reality that ¾ of the product ideas you try won’t work
Outcomes – you care about shipping great product, but you care even more about making a difference for your customers and the business
Engagement – you drive what you believe is right for your team, customers or the business – yet disagree and commit if alternative paths are chosen
Empathy – you make the effort to understand deeply what matters to customers and colleagues
Cake – you know that winning products are made through deep collaboration and that it’s on the PM to bring everyone together – often with sweet baked goods.
5 REASONS EPORTA IS AN OUTSTANDING COMPANY TO BE A PM
1. Product Orientation
Our whole company is hyper product-oriented. We consciously hire product-focused engineers and designers. And we orient our other business functions around bringing great products to market.
2. Value in discovery
We value product discovery highly. Each squad has weekly discovery goals. The whole team gets involved in continuous customer interviewing. We structure our discovery thinking in Opportunity Solution Trees (google it!) and we experiment rapidly.
3. Customer contact
Our customers LOVE talking to us so it’s really quick and easy to get feedback and test concepts.
Making products on behalf of high-end interior designers and makers means we’re surrounded by quality objects and materials – a constant source of inspiration for the digital world.
5. Chance to impact
We’re at a great point in our journey – early enough that you get the chance to have real influence over the strategic direction and shape of the product; mature enough to have direction, users, traction and resources.
We have a beautiful office in Farringdon, London. Yet, we’re now a fully-remote company and are delighted to accept applications from people who want to work fully or partly remotely.
We are able to sponsor visas.
FAIR, FAST INTERVIEWING WITH FEEDBACK
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- We can move fast with our interviewing process (talent doesn’t hang around)
- Everyone who interviews gets feedback
- We have a structured assessment process with a panel of interviewers, each of whom score separately against the key hiring criteria to avoid bias
- All our job-descriptions are reviewed algorithmically to avoid reinforcing gender-biases common in tech
HOW WE SUPPORT YOUR DEVELOPMENT
We aim to help you develop faster here than anywhere else you could work, period. How we do that varies a bit on the person’s career goals and preferences, but it often includes:
- Reviewing your skills against eporta’s Product Management career path and capability framework
- Creating a personal development plan
- Coaching on priority areas through weekly 1:1s
- Regular, granular feedback from peers and execs
- Freedom and support to drive the business and product forward in ways that help your career