At IXL Learning, we are dedicated to creating first-of-their-kind products that leverage cutting-edge technologies to solve seemingly intractable problems in education. Millions of users count on us to make learning as effective as can be, so we’re looking for exceptional people who are committed to solving the real-world challenges faced by students and teachers around the world.
At IXL, product management starts with a passion for making a lasting impact on education. Product Managers put our users first in all that we do, taking feature sets from initial brainstorm to final launch and beyond, and working collaboratively across many teams including Engineering, Visual Design, Marketing, and more! Our creative solutions, clean designs, and commitment to quality allow us to deliver effective, compelling products that tackle some of the biggest problems in education today.
We are looking for experienced Product Managers to lead the design and development of new features for IXL.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Own the roadmap for your product area: prioritize, develop, and launch new features
- Deeply understand and advocate for the needs of our student, teacher, and parent users
- Solve large, complex problems by developing innovative and creative solutions that address user needs and align with broader product strategy
- Produce clear, thorough written specification for all feature functionality and user flows
- Collaborate with visual designers to create innovative, clean user interfaces
- Work with engineers to align technical designs and decisions with product needs
- Coordinate and drive execution; manage project schedules and work collaboratively across the development organization (design, engineering, QA) to ensure timely delivery of high quality features
- Anticipate, identify, and communicate project status and risks to key stakeholders, including the senior leadership team
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data to inform product decision-making
- Work closely with Marketing team on product marketing strategy and execution
- Do whatever it takes to develop features and deliver value to our users
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field
- 3+ years of product management experience, or a combination of product design and project management roles; strong track record of delivering high quality, efficient, creative solutions to tough problems
- Exceptional analytical reasoning, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communicator, with an eye to clarity and conciseness
- High degree of user empathy for teachers and learners, understanding how they will interact with a product and what will and won’t appeal to them
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, with proven experience leading multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across teams to make things happen
- Curiosity, open-mindedness, and an unfailingly positive attitude
- Interest in K-12 education! Classroom/teaching experience is a plus
IXL Learning is a leading educational technology company on a big mission: delivering an immersive learning experience to all students, in all grades and subjects, in schools and homes worldwide. With 1 in 8 U.S. students already learning on IXL (answering over 50 million questions every day!), IXL inspires educators and learners around the world and is changing how students feel about learning and about themselves.