We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated Digital Designer who wants to develop a career within an established digital product agency and help to shape the future success of our business.
As a Digital Designer you would work with a number of exciting startups in our startup studio. You’ll be part of a product team consisting of talented designers, engineers, product managers and strategists. You’ll be working to solve challenging and interesting problems, build and launch new products and coaching our startups in the art of working smarter.
At Activate continuous learning and continuous improvement go hand in hand, underpinning our approach. You will be expected and encouraged to experiment with new tools and techniques and to seek out opportunities for self-development. Knowledge is shared generously amongst product teams and with our clients; we actively create digital capabilities within the startups we work with in the course of each project.
You will be involved in projects from the initial thinking stage, to product launch, and then with the long term development of the digital products we create. You will assist the design team with a range of tasks from conceptual development and information architecture to wire framing and high fidelity visuals. You will also support the development team with your knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Participate in and eventually facilitate design sprints/product design workshops with our portfolio companies
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
- A strong portfolio of digital design work
- A strong understanding of all aspects of digital design, from screen sizes and pixels to accessibility and human-computer interaction
- The ability to articulate an idea in its basic form through conceptual sketches, animation or moving image
- Awareness of responsive design, it’s benefits and limitations
- Software skills – Adobe Photoshop, Balsamiq, Sketch & InVision, Figma
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Be able to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Take onboard creative feedback from senior members of the team and move a project forward in an appropriate direction.
- Effectively manage time and priorities
- Maintain and organise digital files and designs across a project scope
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed for this great opportunity, please forward a copy of your CV to email@example.com