At Bigeye, our mission is making it a delight to work with data every day.
We built some of the most widely adopted tools at companies like Uber and saw how fast teams move when they have a great data toolchain. Now Bigeye is building best-of-breed tools for anyone who eats, sleeps, and breathes data: analysts, data scientists, and data engineers around the world. The DevOps movement changed the world of working with infrastructure. The DataOps movement is just getting started. Come help us write the first chapter.
At Bigeye, we are re-envisioning data quality with the leading, data quality engineering platform. In less than 15 minutes, customers instrument data sources with thousands of data quality metrics and anomaly detection algorithms that proactively alert them to issues. Data teams can resolve data quality incidents before the business is impacted — building trust in the data and the data team.
You’ll be joining a powerhouse team of engineers, product designers, data scientists, and enterprise sales folks. You’ll not only help us build products that customers love using, you’ll help us build a team that people love working on.
Bigeye is people who:
- Love solving problems and making others successful
- Make their teammates happier when they’re around
- Believe a diverse team is a competitive asset
- Enjoy doing their best work and being accountable for it
As the first product manager you’ll make a huge impact across guiding projects from creation through release. We’re looking for an experienced product manager that can think strategically, execute efficiently, and has excellent project management skills. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, design to ensure we solve customer problems that push our business forward.
What you’ll be doing
- Craft amazing product experiences that delight our customers
- Collaborate with product, engineering, design, data science, and marketing teams
- Combine quantitative and qualitative analysis to inform critical product decisions
- Contribute to and collaborate on a range of product initiatives including customer research, user experience design, solution honing, growth strategies, and product marketing
- Deeply understand and champion our customers
Work transparently with a remote team
What You Bring
- 5+ years of software product management experience
Technical acumen: you have CS or technical experience or have worked on a technical software product
- Ability to clearly communicate goals, timelines, decisions, and tradeoffs to keep team and stakeholders aligned and projects moving forward
- Empathetic: you deeply understand how customers think and their challenges. You enjoy solving problems with exceptional experiences
- Appreciation of quality: you are enthusiastic about your favorite products and are confident sharing your verbal and written thoughts. You love to engage constructively in debate with your colleagues and peers
- Growth mindset for continually and incrementally improving in craft, collaboration, and business impact
Team player who is ready to collaborate and values other’s unique perspective and experience
- Authenticity and humility when giving and receiving feedback
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills