National Bank Independent Network is Canada’s leading provider of custody, trade execution and brokerage solutions to independent Portfolio Managers, Investment Dealers and Investment Fund Managers. With over 30 years of continuous service and a team of more than 200 professionals, we serve 400 independent firms with over $200 billion in Assets under Administration.
The NBIN Product Team sits at the intersection of client experience, business, and technology. We focus on uncovering opportunities to better support our member firms in their day-to-day operations and building highly productive and intuitive B2B digital administration tools to service those needs.
As Senior Product Manager, you will own the product strategy and evolution of the services and digital experiences for our most foundational capability – the ability for our firms to digitally manage their accounts and assets with NBIN. You will work deeply with clients and collaborate with business and technology partners across the agile product development lifecycle to achieve product objectives and maximize client value.
Successful candidates possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, and most importantly, they obsess over client problems and the value that we can create for them. This position will report to the Head of Product within the NBIN Business Solutions Group.
What You’ll Do
- Be the organization’s expert on our clients in relation to your product, developing a deep understanding of their behaviors, characteristics and JTBD’s to uncover underserved needs
- Define and manage OKR’s and product roadmap against the overarching NBIN digital product vision
- Design client discovery programs to co-develop, validate and pilot product features across our various client & user segments
- Own the feature definition and prioritization; leverage both qualitative and quantitative insights to articulate user goals, impact and reach and guide teams to develop a shared understanding of the client
- Champion incremental value delivery, collaborating with key internal and external delivery partners to ship additively and often
- Drive the go-to-market strategy and product launches, including working with our sales, service delivery, training, communications and marketing teams as well as executives, and other product team members
- Participate in internal product performance reviews to understand performance gap, develop action plans, and drive the execution of actions
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the product operating model and evangelism of product culture
What You Bring
- 7+ years of product management experience, preferably with B2B and SaaS products
- Proficiency in data analysis; ability to work with analytics partners to produce product insights
- Proven track record of shipping products that customers love
- Well versed and experienced in end-to-end agile product development methodologies
- History if building strong relationships with a variety of cross-functional teams, internal and external partners
- Strong sense of ownership and curiosity in their product domains
- Ability to think strategically and be creative; willingness to take initiative and risks as needed
- English spoken and written, French an asset
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank values all aspects of diversity and sees it as a tremendous source of wealth. We want to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management has made a concrete commitment to promote this value across all sectors of the organization. We’re committed to providing accommodations as needed and ensuring accessibility during the recruitment process and after hiring. If you have any specific needs, please let us know during our initial conversation and we’ll be happy to accommodate you.