Global B2B financial media company PEI has an exciting London-based opportunity for an experienced Senior Product Manager to join its growing Product team.
A new role for the business, the Senior Product Manager will develop and evolve PEI’s nascent memberships strategy and vision, driving its commercial growth – while also helping to shape the business’ maturing approach to product management.
PEI currently offers memberships for professionals in private markets centred around specific job functions (CFOs; operating partners) or their asset class/investment focus (private infrastructure; private real estate) – with ambition to further scale these, and launch additional membership offerings, too.
Reporting to the Director of Product Management, they will work closely with the management team to set memberships’ commercial strategy, agree clear OKRs/KPIs and track ROIs; work with the Customer Engagement and Customer Insight teams to develop a deep understanding of customer needs and ensure engagement with membership components; work closely with discipline leads, like the Director of Memberships, Events, Editorial, Customer Research and Data, and align with teams including marketing and sales to ensure member needs are satisfied by the product proposition and its value clearly understood and expressed.
They will also, of course, work closely with other product and engineering team members to drive delivery of the membership roadmap(s). The Senior Product Manager joins an existing team of 6 Product Managers, Project Managers and BAs that work across PEI’s global product portfolio, and will be support by one of these colleagues playing a ‘product owner’ role for memberships in terms of agile/scrum responsibilities.
The Product team expects to work in a hybrid fashion from H2, balancing set days in office with regular remote working – though this is subject to individual requirements and line manager approval.
Occasional international travel to other PEI offices, or to attend member events / conferences, may be required in future.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and implement membership initiatives in line with PEI’s commercial objectives for memberships
Work closely with the executive management team and Director of Memberships to set commercial strategy, agree clear objectives/ KPIs
- Track and provide regular updates to senior stakeholders on commercial KPIs as well as member engagement
- Take a quantitative, analytical, and numbers-driven approach to determine the critical levers needed to drive product adoption and use
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs – including their pain points and where they find value – and validate them, in concert with the Customer Insight and Customer Engagement teams
- Think beyond the bounds of the digital product to figure out how we can deliver members value with physical gatherings
- Work closely with product and engineering team members to create detailed requirements, prioritise them and drive delivery of the membership roadmap(s) using agile methodologies.
- Evangelise the product vision and motivate team-members critical to the product’s success.
- 5+ years of professional product management experience in a fast-paced, ideally B2B environment.
- Track record of taking and significantly improving/refining/scaling existing products – as well as developing new ones – across multiple brands or business lines with a data- and analytics-led approach.
- End-to-end responsibility for all stages of the product lifecycle, from innovation/discovery and testing through to build and iterate stages.
- Senior stakeholder management and communications.
- Relevant degrees or certifications in product management.
- Strategic thinker with demonstrable business acumen.
- Deep understanding of how to create and analyse product metrics, including ROI; can work to anticipate product impact on KPIs; uses data to solve problems and drive roadmap solutions.
- A multi-tasker who can seamlessly straddle thinking about both the product and the business goals; should be equally comfortable talking about funnel metrics and P+L’s.
- Inspires and persuades cross-functional teams to drive revenue and deliver customer value.
- Ability to develop and drive product roadmap based on customer insight and KPIs.
- Well versed in Agile/scrum best practices and experience with related tools including Jira.
- Strong leadership and communication skills (both technical and non-technical).
Personal Characteristics and Motivation
- Thrives within ambiguity and finds new, creative ways to solve problems – not afraid to challenge status quo.
- A diplomatic team player able to persuade and influence a diverse array of stakeholders.
- Highly goal-focused and motivated by achieving high personal standards in all aspects of work – ambitious to meet own personal and organisational goals
- Desire to be part of a dynamic new part of the business with high growth expectations
- Keen to stretch self and develop career at PEI
More information is available when following the link to apply.
To learn more about PEI, visit: https://www.thisispei.com/