Hockeystick uses data and machine learning to help startups connect to funders. Our matchmaking platform fixes what’s broken in private markets: bad data, high search costs, and lack of transparency to name a few – all impediments for companies to achieve Hockeystick growth.
Whether we’re sitting side by side or on Zoom, Hockeystick is for smart, ambitious people who love challenges and a shared purpose. We’re a truly diverse group that values learning and laughter.
The Data Product Manager is a member of the Product team, who harnesses the value of data at Hockeystick, for our business, customers, and platform users. Externally, we use our data for research, marketing & innovation. Internally, data-driven decision making is built into the heart & soul of this company.
You will be combining your business acumen with strong technical know-how to build the future of intelligence at Hockeystick.
You will be responsible for:
- Data pipelines & infrastructure – aggregating multiple sources and maintaining the quality of the data through sourcing, modelling, ETL, and cleansing
- Data quality – a robust approach to monitoring, measuring and improving data quality and trustworthiness of the analysis
- Accurate and insightful reports production – externally facing, whether it be for a specialized research project, ad-hoc report from clients and partners, or supporting the creation of marketing content
- Business intelligence – internally facing, whether it be for Hockeystick executive decision-making, product management, or customer success & support
- Value creation, evolution & stewardship – with a curious mind, seeking out ways to derive and yield new value from our data, inspire & mentor others and championing data literacy within the company
You will need the following to be successful in this role:
- A large portfolio of examples where your leadership with data insights and intelligence resulted in impactful outcomes
- Several years of designing & building large data models, data ingestion processes, aggregating, transforming & cleansing data in a business environment
- Expertise in architecting & building Microsoft Power BI solutions – data flows, modelling, transformations, reports, Power BI embed, dashboards and visualizations, and more
- The ability to write complex SQL statements to pivot and aggregate data to answer the questions you’re seeking to answer
- Above average interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills to create value in a fast-paced, scrappy, start-up environment
- Domain knowledge in private capital markets is considered an asset
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Hockeystick is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Why Hockeystick? A diverse & inclusive company that cares about people.
We believe that the unique contributions of everyone at Hockeystick is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Your personal growth is important to us, and our career development program will make it happen: a generous health benefits package, annual learning budget, one-on-one coaching, skills development workshops, and more.