Fourth Floor is a dynamic and rapidly expanding digital media agency headquartered in the heart of Bristol with offices in Bordeaux, Brighton and Toronto.
We work with content creators to produce amazing branded video, experiences, events and merchandise that get millions of views on YouTube, Twitch, Instagram and elsewhere.
We value our staff and search for people who reflect our core values of taking responsibility, innovation, resilience, being a great colleague and acting like an owner.
We’re looking for a superstar product owner to help us develop exciting new products for clients, creators and consumers.
Fourth Floor embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
You are relentlessly customer focussed with an ability to actively listen to their feedback and blend it with analytics and market knowledge to identify and define the jobs that our products need to do for them. Then be able to convert that into stories and products that will delight the end-user.
You are driven by a need to solve problems and are relentlessly curious. You are the person that people come to in order to get a unique insight on a problem.
You love to learn and are self-motivated to be an expert, constantly seeking ways to improve products and practices. You have great communication skills both verbal and written and are comfortable communicating directly with senior management.
You love YouTube, watch a lot of Twitch, update your Instagram regularly and understand what’s happening in video games and entertainment and have an interest in the influencer marketing space.
You will be responsible for creating and managing product roadmap as well as feature and backlog prioritisation in line with customer requirements and ensuring a high level of end-user satisfaction.
You will use a wide array of research and analytical methods to better understand stakeholder needs, collaborating with key stakeholders in the business to deliver better products than any single member of the team could deliver on their own.
You will be working in the product team and reporting directly to the product director.
- Work with the Product and stakeholder teams to deliver a clearly defined product roadmap within the scope of the product vision and company objectives.
- Work with the Product Director and stakeholders to present roadmaps for approval to the CEO, COO and Board for approval.
- Communicate agreed product roadmaps to all stakeholders.
- Work with the Creative Director to make sure products fit with the overall company brand strategy.
- Understand the market and competitive set to ensure we develop industry-leading products and services and anticipate client needs.
- Continuously improve knowledge of client, creator and consumer needs and wants, building value into the product and the new features developed.
- Develop appropriate feedback loops from stakeholders to ensure product roadmaps are prioritised accordingly.
- Work with technical and development teams to ensure clarity of product vision and overseeing the features meet desired success criteria.
- Work with internal teams on research and insight into clients, creators and consumers.
- Accountable for product backlog management, developing and explicitly communicating goals, creating and clearly communicating backlog items, prioritising features and ensuring roadmaps are transparent, visible and understood.
- Manage scrum ceremonies including product planning and refinement sessions, show and tells, standups and retrospectives.
- Be the first point of contact for our product end-users when they have a service issue or product feedback.
- Help the product team to understand the market and competitive set to ensure we develop industry-leading products and services and anticipate client needs.
- Liaise with the various business functions required to help the product team deliver best in market products.
- Monitor product usage and feedback through analytics, usage logs, NPS and UX testing to identify issues with products and make recommendations for remedying these to the product owner.
- Run and collate feedback sessions with current product users and intended customers of new products
- Ensure that the technical and development teams have clearly defined stories, and acceptance criteria in order to deliver on the sprint.
- Keep delivery boards and tickets up to date and ensure that blockers and areas of confusion are quickly unblocked and clarified.
- Minimum 3 years working in a similar role.
- Good understanding of the digital media landscape
- Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting workloads
- Experience working with excel to help produce budgets.
- Highly organised, self-motivated with an attention to detail and the ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and always get the job done.
- Comfortable learning new tools and systems and improving processes.
- Strong communicator who is confident and clear when communicating or giving feedback.
Creativity is at the heart of everything we do at Fourth Floor and that requires a diverse team of great colleagues who feel they have a clear place with us, supporting us all to grow. The more inclusive our employees feel, the better we feel and the quicker we all develop. We are keen to meet people with varied backgrounds and experiences. We recruit based on merit and potential.