Hi! I’m Brian, VP of Product.
I’m looking for a Product Manager to join my team and lead one of our product development squads while owning major parts of our roadmap.
At Customer.io we work hard to enable companies to communicate with their customers in an automated, but empathetic way. Our customers are fellow product-led growth companies who treat the messages they send as a core part of their product experience.
As a globally distributed team, we hire wherever we find great people. We have a growing group of engineers working in Europe/Middle East/Africa timezones and need someone who has a full day of overlap with them. You’ll be our first PM working outside Americas timezones, so I’ll need you to own major new projects independently while taking advantage of our overlap time to ensure a shared product vision.
To better understand Customer.io, check out this recent independent analysis.
What you’ll do
You’ll lead a squad to achieve strategic outcomes with solutions that are:
Valuable (our customers choose to use)
Viable (the solution works within the constraints of the business)
Usable (our customers can figure out how to use)
Feasible (our engineers have the skills and technology to implement)
You’ll contribute a deep knowledge of our prospects and customers, industry trends, and the competitive landscape.
You’ll find and nurture ideas from anywhere in the company, expecting many of the best ideas will not be your own.
You’ll sign up for results, even though you’re working through others to achieve them.
What we’re looking for
- You’ve got an infectious energy when sharing customer stories, and you use those stories to align your team around the customer’s experience.
- Your priority is creating moments where customers hire your features for their jobs to be done.
- You’re hungry to learn, and you love to ask “Why?” one more time.
- You know how to source, analyze, and present quantitative and qualitative data.
- You’re an exceptionally organized and motivated person.
- You take ownership of problems even when the next steps and solutions aren’t clear.
- You are a proactive communicator who believes in “working out loud” to share work early and often.
- You’re an excellent written communicator who values clarity and brevity while avoiding jargon.
- You’re based in the EMEA region.
Bonus! Not a requirement, but let us know if you have experience with…
- Working on B2B SaaS products (especially in the MarTech space)
- Using Customer.io or other marketing automation services in a previous role
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 2,600 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $130,000 – $160,000 USD depending on experience and subject to market rate.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- 20 days PTO – we offer 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave – for birth, adoption, or foster care
- Health and wellness allowance – Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend – Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement – Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement – Up to $300 USD per month for those times you’d prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development – Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops – anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io – to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Company retreats twice a year – we typically get together IRL every spring and fall, but most recently had an amazing virtual retreat!
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! – as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below by June 10th and tell us why you’re interested in the position! In your cover letter, be sure to tell us the title of the last book you read. There is no advantage to applying early so put your best foot forward. We plan to respond to all applicants by June 15th with a status update about your application.
Here’s what you can expect from our hiring process:
30 minute video call with our Recruiter
45 minute video call with the Hiring Manager
30 minute video call with two potential teammates
Approximately one week to do a <2hr project
60 minute video call to review your project