Do you hate traffic? Of course you do! Help us eradicate this scourge from the earth.
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced Data Insights Lead to drive data innovation and ensure we are continuously growing the value and insights we provide our clients. If you’re excited by the potential that data has to transform cities and communities, join us!
Salary band: £50,000-65,000 p/a
At Vivacity, we make cities smarter. We gather real-time data from our sensors to reduce congestion, spot dangerous manoeuvres on the road to improve safety, and support autonomous vehicles.
Using Reinforcement Learning techniques at the forefront of academic and research thinking, we optimise traffic lights to prioritise cyclists and improve air quality. To support this, we gather anonymised data through simple, efficient, and affordable Computer Vision based sensors.
All our solutions are community-centric, using ‘privacy by design’ principles. Our ultimate goal is to make the European vision of a Smart City – one which makes the city work effectively, for the community.
About the role
You will be responsible for working with our clients to maximise the value of the data they receive from us, helping them to derive insights and make decisions using our data. From this close work with clients, you will be first systematising, then automating, this client insight – with the ultimate goal of helping our development teams to design the next generation of our analytics products.
You will join our existing three-person Product team and actively shape the product vision and technical roadmap to ensure we are constantly innovating and meeting our users’ data needs. In this collaborative role, you will be a leading light of company culture, epitomising the open, cooperative and inclusive way we work. This role will work closely with key stakeholders across the entire company, including senior leadership and our clients.
This role will be a great opportunity for someone with a strong data analysis background who is looking for greater influence and ownership. We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic about working with cutting-edge technology, and thrives in a fast-paced, start-up environment, and relishes the opportunity to grow and develop a team.
Vivacity welcomes applications from all candidates and embraces diversity within our teams. If you are in any doubt as to whether you would be a good fit, please get in touch, or apply anyway and we will get back to you!
- Working hands-on with our data to improve existing use cases and develop new case studies
- Deliver ongoing data insights to our clients through bespoke projects or automating regular reports
- Prototyping tools and data visualization for our data dashboard and working with the software development team to design solutions
- Working with our Operations, Research, and Software Development teams to assess and improve data quality
We expect to this role to be leading a team over the next year or two.
Requirements for the role
- Numerate undergraduate degree or 3+ years of relevant experience
- 3 years of experience in a data analysis role, working closely with clients
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate complex technical concepts into everyday language
- Self-starter with great teamwork skills, able to work collaboratively in a cross-functional role with limited oversight
- Flexible and adaptable, allowing you to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
Experience in any of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Proficiency with Python, R, SQL, or another programming language
- Experience working with cutting-edge AI-based products or solutions
- Experience of deeper data science techniques
- Experience working with local authorities
- Experience within the transport sector
We offer flexible working policies and a benefits package that includes a personal development budget, an annual company away trip, and regular, varied events. This is an exciting opportunity to take an active part in shaping the future of an energetic company dedicated to revolutionising the way our cities work.