Background on LIS
At LIS, we are building an innovative new London-based university that prepares learners to tackle the complex challenges facing society. We have acquired NDAPS (new degree awarding powers) – the first UK university to do so since 1965.
We are launching our undergraduate programme (a bachelor’s in arts and sciences) in September 2021 with an initial cohort of 100 pioneering undergraduate students.
We have already launched a variety of interdisciplinary provision for professional learners including a mix of ‘open’ programmes for professionals from a range of backgrounds and ‘custom’ programmes, for specific organisations. These part-time experiences have been delivered wholly online and been enjoyed by a diversity of professionals from around the world.
We have an exceptional full-time faculty of teachers, a leadership team with experience in entrepreneurship, business and education, as well as an expansive employer network . You can see more about our team here.
We are now expanding the scope of our provision for professionals by developing and launching online postgraduate qualifications as well as a broader suite of professional programmes and content. You will be instrumental in developing and realising this vision to scale LIS’s impact and reach different cohorts of learners. You will also be central in ensuring that LIS builds the long-term capability through which it can deliver outstanding digital learning experiences, for years to come.
With respect to provision for professionals, you will have responsibility for:
- informing the design and development of our online learning propositions
- designing, coordinating and overseeing the end-to-end digital student experience
You will report to the Director of New Products and work closely with major department heads and faculty. Over time, and as LIS grows, you will be expected to recruit and develop a team to support you.
This is a pivotal role sitting at the heart of LIS’s future strategy and impact. Your contribution will be fundamental to the experience and progress of all our learners.
Support in the development of a multi-product strategy and roadmap, including:
- Researching and defining product visions
- Prioritising learner and product requirements
- Working closely with faculty to define educational products, including granular attention to detail with respect to pedagogical approach and associated learning outcomes
- Working with Director of Marketing to develop go-to market strategy
- Overseeing student and staff requirements and experiences of products and platforms that support our digital delivery of teaching and learning and other facets of the digital student experience
Manage the continued design and realisation of the product ecosystem, including:
- Being the leading voice on ecosystem design and configuration
- Leading procurement/vendor selection processes
- Overseeing implementations/configurations
- Overseeing integrations between products/platforms.
Deliver a range of core product management responsibilities, including:
- Contributing to the oversight of programme commercials (including pricing, cost and profitability)
- Overseeing delivery of beta/pilot programme(s)
- Developing and delivering market launch plans
- Managing all aspects of in-life products, including: user feedback, requirements and issues; monitoring, reporting and improving on product performance, incorporating data analytics where appropriate
Deliver a range of core product design and experience responsibilities, including:
- Undertaking/overseeing UX research
- A literacy in, and close attention to, UX and learning design
- Supporting processes and execution of multimedia content production
- Contributing to ongoing development of organisational technology strategy
Your skills and experiences
You may have a background working for:
- An OPM, an online bootcamp, a MOOC platform, or similar
- A digital learning or edtech organisation of another kind
You will likely have hands on experience of:
- Online learning design and user experience
- Testing and launching online educational programmes
- Working with third party service technology providers, including procurement and performance management
- Working with academics/editors to realise digital learning experience
- Implementing technology solutions with a wide variety of users (e.g. academics, professional staff, student)
- Commercial management of one or multiple products
- In-life project management, including problem-fixing, user management
- Strong analytical and data handling skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Knowledge of digital education market, particularly professional and/or higher education (postgraduate)
- Strong project management skills
Who are you?
We are looking for someone who is passionate about digital learning and believes in the power of online experiences to deliver highly-ambitious learning outcomes, at scale.
You should be excited about the opportunity this presents, as well as the requirement to work with and bring together stakeholders from a wide range of backgrounds.
We are a start-up so a key quality is that you are flexible and a team player, ready to support and develop others as we work together during this founding stage.
And you will likely have the following attitude
- Enthusiasm for the LIS’ mission – embracing our core values to: be brave, be kind, be honest, keep learning and welcome difference
- Welcomes the realities of a fast paced, dynamic start-up – comfortable dealing with uncertainty and changing goal posts
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate empathy and connect with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Agility to think on feet, deal with crises and manage difficult situations
Who are we
We are a small and close-knit team based in our new campus in Aldgate in East London. Despite currently largely working from home, we have established a number of ways to keep in regular contact and continue to support each other. We will go out of our way to welcome a new member of the team.
We also offer:
- Company sponsored monthly fitness contribution.
- Annual personal development contribution for external training.
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing organisation.
- Flexible working hours. We care about the results you deliver not how or when you work.
25 days holiday. Take time out to be inspired.
- Apply here
- We’ll invite shortlisted applicants for a Zoom interview with a member of our Executive Leadership team.
- If successful, we then invite you to a final round in our London offices (assuming this is possible. Otherwise there will be an additional remote interview round). This will involve a short presentation task.
- LIS is committed to diversity, equality and inclusion in the hiring of its staff, and in all aspects of staff training, remuneration, development and performance management.
- The School’s Recruitment of Ex-Offenders Policy aims to ensure that the School treats all applicants for jobs who have a criminal record fairly, and does not discriminate unfairly against candidates with either a spent on unspent conviction, whilst safeguarding the School, its staff, students, applicants and visitors. See the full policy here.