We are looking for a Product Manager to play a key role in the development and execution of our product strategy, product roadmap and product processes.
You will share the vision for the portfolio, and be responsible for the execution, the strategy, and the roadmap for a product, area or market problem. You will take a central lead in the coordination, forecasting, production, release planning and communication of our product and features, at all stages of the product lifecycle. You will own it and be someone who knows how to get the right s**t done quickly, to a high standard.
You know how to get the best out of people and people want to work with you. You know how to tell the story of what we’re building, how we’ll get there, why it will be awesome, and why we’ll win.
You are the ultimate problem solver, designing and refining solutions for the market and for our customers’ most pressing problems. You drive execution and remove roadblocks. You make things happen faster and better. You ensure the product is world-class.
You are constantly product testing in real-world conditions. You define progress and impact, measure them, and maximise results. You convince other people to do what you need them to do for the good of the product. You drive things to closure.
You will be critical to CybSafe’s success. You merge business savvy-iness, technological know-how, and marketing magic to develop and launch innovative products and features that will delight our customers. You are an excellent communicator and will be a brilliantly effective liaison between the different teams and departments. You are passionate about working, and have experience of working in a tech startup.
You need to be technically adept, so you can interact with the development team, yet also speak clearly with customers and stakeholders. You must be a big-picture thinker, capable of balancing customer expectations with business needs and budget. You must be a pragmatist, able to strike the delicate balance between time-to-market and perfection. You need to be able to set clear priorities. You must be a completer-finisher and take pride in producing high quality, finished work..
We are 21st century thinkers and so are you.
You are passionate about Product. You can explain the difference between a Product Owner and a Product Manager. You have opinions on how to do Product well, shaped by your own experiences and what you’ve learned elsewhere. You want to improve our product, and to improve how we do Product. You champion the Product mindset, and you help others view things from a Product perspective.
You are not the finished article, and you’re comfortable with that. You know you have room for personal and professional development, and that excites you. You are excited about what you can learn from CybSafe, and what CybSafe can learn from you. You seek out opportunities to improve, whether it be approach, deliverables or processes. You might not meet every single point in our Job Spec requirements today, but you can demonstrate why that’s not a problem.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Engaging with the market and customers to derive insights which will drive our products.
- Developing a vision and roadmap based on data and insights,
Product planning, delivery, launch and marketing throughout the product life cycle.
- Developing a delivery forecast for the product and managing its execution.
- Working closely with internal stakeholders and teams, leading by influence, to deliver a product that aligns with this vision and meets market needs.
- Identifying the key benefits and value proposition of your product area to help the sales and marketing teams sell.
- Iterating, improving and fixing issues with existing capabilities.
- Independently leading Agile processes and ceremonies to drive delivery and improve team spirit.
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE’RE AFTER:
- You care about working with purpose – we’re working to fundamentally change how we keep people safe online.
- You must be comfortable with ambiguity or change in the short term while keeping a focus on the long term.
- You are an individual with high bandwidth, capable of prioritising with a clear understanding of the “WHY”.
- You believe in strong, informed opinions, but loosely held in the presence of other equally informed colleagues, or data to the contrary.
- You are emotionally intelligent and able to build strong trust with leaders and employees of diverse backgrounds and experiences, at all levels.
- You easily understand complex and/or ambiguous subjects, can break them down into logical components, and can clearly articulate them to others.
- You are responsible and accountable, with a strong attention to detail and getting things finished.
- You are a capable, clear and inspiring communicator, written & presentation.
- You challenge and support your colleagues.
- You value diversity, equality and inclusion.
- You have a strong drive for personal development, with examples of self-driven improvement.
- You have the desire to thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
SKILLS. KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years product management experience; or 3 years of product management experience, with 2 years in other delivery roles.
- Product experience in a tech startup environment.
- Highly self-motivated, able to work with both extremely creative and methodological people.
- Accomplished at scaling delivery teams and processes
Proven track record of independently leading a team and delivering successful results
- Understanding of the technical architecture of modern consumer mobile and web apps
- Skilled with story design and estimation, with user stories and acceptance criteria
- Experience in Agile teams, managing product backlogs/roadmaps
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritise and follow through on tasks
Additional desirable skills and passions:
- Product experience in multiple companies.
- Experience in a B2B tech startup.
- Data Science experience.
- Product design, UX or UI experience
- Cyber security experience.
- Experience defining a vision and strategy for a product, or part of a product.
THE PACKAGE AND THE PERKS
It’s a full-time role earning £50,000 – £65,000 per year with pension plan and contribution by us.
You will be eligible for a discretionary bonus at our year end (end of June).
As a full time employee, you’ll also be enrolled in the company options scheme and ultimately benefit from the value you will help create.
Check out our ever-growing list of perks here
WHY WORK AT CYBSAFE
Because we believe that everyone deserves to live in a better, safer digital world. And we believe that people’s security decisions and behaviours play a big part in whether this is a reality or not. We’re on a mission to eradicate the ambiguity that surrounds human factors security & security awareness. So we operate at the intersection of behavioural science, technology and data science. We love it.
We’re a tribe of risk-takers, game-changers, free-thinkers and doers. And we’re passionate about the impact we have on our planet through our software and our voices.
Passion. Impact. Transparency. Autonomy. Purpose. Diversity. Belonging.
If these things resonate with you, come join us and make a difference.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We believe in being a diverse and inclusive tribe. There are no excuses for anything less. We recruit, employ, train and promote qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
WHERE WE WORK
We’re a ‘remote-first’ company. We have a distributed team and have adopted a Work From Anywhere (WFA) approach. This means we make sure that every member of the team can fully participate, wherever in the world they choose to work from. To make this work we have a strong culture of transparency, trust and empowerment.
We still have a hub in London – which we’ll get back to once current restrictions have sufficiently eased. But you don’t have to be in London to be part of the Tribe! We’ll get your kit to you, make sure you have a great setup (including a desk and an ergonomic chair) and still make you feel like a member of the Tribe – no matter where you are.