Product Manager – EMEA
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group (DESG)
Deluxe is the entertainment industry’s largest end-to-end services provider which produces, delivers, archives and monetises content, so clients can realise bigger visions and unlock more value from their assets. The company is an ecosystem for media and entertainment that includes production, post-production, distribution and asset management capabilities. It has been an integral and reliable partner for filmmakers and the Hollywood Studios, networks, advertisers, sports teams and leagues. The EMEA business employs over 1,000 staff in six countries around Europe.
The Product Manager will be responsible for owning the features, roadmaps, plans and sustainability for product lines and sits within the Technology Architecture team. Working with various internal and external stakeholders, including senior and department managers, they will understand overall technology and business strategy, product features and requirements and work to prioritize and communicate those requirements to not only the Architecture, but also the wider Delivery teams.
The individual will ensure successful translation of those requirements into high-quality workflow software systems taking responsibility for the product delivery definitions, user experience, timelines and ongoing enhancements of the product or product line. An understanding of the Software Lifecycle is vital, as is a strong sense of representation of EMEA to the global teams, communicating fluently in all directions. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the journey as we transition the technology team to a professional service team.
- Create and freshen short, medium and long-term product and technology roadmaps and connect with internal teams to gain agreements with key stakeholders.
- Interface with key stakeholders, including senior managers, engineering, support, and sales organizations, based in London and California, to define, develop, shape and refine requirements of complex software products and product lines at the heart of the company’s business within the context of the business, technology and product strategy and goals.
- Represent EMEA within the global business to ensure EMEA and Corporate roadmaps, technology and objectives are constantly aligned.
- Collaborate with the delivery teams so that Release Planning and Sprint Planning sessions, as well as Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives are successful.
- Maintain the functional quality of the work being delivered by setting and evaluating expectations and acceptance criteria. Periodically review products with stakeholders to ensure it meets expectations and is relevant in all regards including user experience.
- Work with engineering teams to continuously improve product ownership and other processes.
- Track goals and metrics to measure the effectiveness after releases. Monitor and report on progress to stakeholders.
- Perform product demos across other teams as needed.
- Own and maintain product documentation including feature lists, roadmaps, pricing, module lists, internal sales training materials and demo videos.
- Study competitive offerings in the market and anticipate internal operations and external customer needs.
- Evaluate managed products with respect to potential connections / APIs / integrations with other company / partner products.
- Bachelor Degree in a related discipline
- Strong influencing skills
- Directly applicable experience as a product owner in a software organization preferred or experience in product / product line category with deep domain knowledge and understanding of tools and workflows used.
- Strong knowledge of development practices, methodologies, software lifecycle and tools.
- Experience with writing user stories, grooming product backlogs and coordinating / prioritising conflicting requirements in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority.
- Excellent teamwork, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate ideas visually and in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet deadlines.
- Experience in the media & entertainment industry is highly desired, especially related to digital audio, digital video, asset management systems / platforms, multimedia formats and localisation.
- User Interface skills are also desirable.
Reports to: VP Architecture and Development EMEA
The position is in Perivale and availability for U.S. West Coast communication is required.
Some international travel.