MSPCFO is a market-leading business intelligence company focused exclusively on the managed services provider space. As a founder-led company, we have been offering our SaaS solution for 6 years. We love helping our partners find the right information to make improvements in their business that will drive profitability. Our partners speak to 10X ROI on our service. We want to expand our product function to drive an even higher ROI. We believe that by focusing strongly on the value we provide to customers, we will continue to see growth in the business.
The assistant product manager will work closely with the Founder/CEO to accomplish several tasks:
- Reduce product debt to zero
- Implement new features that will make stepwise improvements of the product to our community
- Manage new integrations that will allow
- MSPCFO to continue to expand the addressable market.
Currently, the product function is managed exclusively by the Founder and competes for attention with other organizational priorities. This role would return product enhancement and expansion as a leading competency of the company.
The expectation would be for the person who fills the role to grow into fully owning the product function over time. Responsibilities would include:
- Creating stories in our scrum process, testing features, and shipping exciting new features.
- Interface closely with customer success, marketing, and sales to help guide product growth in tandem with the needs of the market
- Develop business hypotheses that can be tested with our database to deliver valuable market information
- Drive product and company strategy to continue company growth
- Speaking at conferences on webinars to deliver market and product findings
- Driving automation and standardization across company functions to ease scalability
Who You Are
- Excited to grow into having product ownership responsibilities. The founder is currently the product manager. Product will remain central to the company.
- Proudly fly the data nerd flag
- Have experience with SQL queries. You don’t need to be a SQL ninja today, but you are excited to grow into one.
- Have worked closely with developers. Must be able to read code (mostly Ruby) and communicate issues with the development team.
- No coding (other than writing elegant SQL queries is expected)
- Some exposure to data analysis/statistical methods. We would like to work further with the macro data set to understand industry trends.
- Understand business issues within the managed service provider space is preferred, but not essential. To be successful, we need to solve the business needs of our clients.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- As expertise in the product and subsequently the market grows we would value having you present to clients in both large and small settings as well as contribute to blog posts.
- You are self-driven. We are a remote company that does not believe in micromanaging but does believe in productivity. We are currently working towards effective EOS implementation.
- Organization and the ability to effectively communicate progress and hurdles are important.
- You value a life balance.