DealerCell is an exciting new brand of Cox Automotive, a leading global provider of products and services spanning the automotive industry. At Cox Automotive, we have been pursuing a strategy of digitising the wholesale and retail automotive experience to provide our customers the tools they need to keep their businesses moving forward in rapidly changing markets. As part of this, we recently acquired DealerCell, a growing Australian software company, that develops and operates sales and customer management software products. DealerCell will play an integral role in achieving our ambition to offer a truly connected suite of retail focused solutions for our customers.
Due to the rapid growth of DealerCell we have an exciting opportunity for a Product Designer to join our team. In this position, you will be responsible for translating fuzzy concepts and customer problems into clear direction, product recommendations and requirements. You will do this by leading research to understand customer problems, understand the market and understand competitors to build informed recommendations to the product strategy and roadmap. You will develop a deep understanding of the product and will work with cross-functional teams to support delivery of the product strategy and to deliver great outcomes for the business.
What would we like you to bring to the team?
- Previous experience in a similar role such as Product designer, Product Owner, UX designer or UX researcher
- Experience overseeing the complete product design process, from problem through to handover to Engineering
- Experience conducting customer interviews
- Experience presenting and communicating findings and concepts with peers and senior stakeholders
- Experience creating UX deliverables (e.g. Personas, Journey Maps, Research reports, user flows and wireframes)
- General software skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) including experience with online collaboration tools (e.g. JIRA,
- Confluence, Mural, Miro and Trello)
- Strong people skills with an ability to collaborate across cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical and investigation skills with an ability to understand complex problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver results
Bonus points for any of the following:
- Previous eCommerce experience
- Experience with web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics and Hotjar)
- Experience in finance and insurance sector and/or automotive industry
- Facilitation and workshopping experience
- Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate discipline
Why join us?
A career with DealerCell, part of the Cox Automotive family, gives you all the benefits that can only come from working for an industry leader, including talented, motivated team members; a diverse, energetic workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
We will provide you with an excellent induction and ongoing training to ensure you are able to perform the role to the highest level. You will be surrounded by a supportive, dynamic and fun team and will be rewarded and recognised for your hard work.
In addition, we offer a range of benefits which include birthday leave, volunteer leave, reward and recognition programs, paid parental leave, employee assistance program, culture and diversity events (e.g. Women With Drive), and discounts on travel, fitness and more.
If you have a positive attitude and the right credentials, please apply now and we will look forward to hearing from you.
Please note, as part of our recruitment process, the successful applicant will be required to undergo a police check prior to confirmation of their employment. Full, Australian work rights are also required.