Place of Work: Can be performed remotely—preference for candidates based in the UK.
Hours: Full-time, 9-month expected contract length (with possibility for extension/permanent contract to follow)
Reports to: Chief Strategy Officer
Supervisory Duties: Line management/mentorship of junior team members
HealthUnlocked is a social network for health. We help people find the support and information they need to manage their condition better, meet their wellbeing goals, and improve their lives.
We connect people worldwide with others in the same situation, helping them find support and advice from people who understand. To achieve this, we have created more than 500 health communities, partnering with non-profit health organisations in 250 different condition areas across three languages (English, Spanish and Portuguese). We have over 1.4M registered members.
Since October 2020, we have been part of a larger group of organizations, the CorEvitas family, and working within their patient experience unit, HealthiVibe. CorEvitas brings 20 years of experience in specialized patient registries and curated data sources. HealthiVibe offers a systematic, evidence-based process for companies to engage with patients.
Our small team is now growing motivated by our new research and patient engagement goals. We try to work smart, not hard and discourage working long hours. There’s no better feeling than knowing you’re building something that matters.
In this role, you will collaborate with stakeholders to define, scope, prioritise and deliver features and optimisations across our entire product set, including:
- Communities with millions of monthly visits.
- Unique health profiles supporting community engagement and advancing health research.
- Lifecycle emails delivering millions of daily emails.
- Internal tools and services to drive efficiency and savings within the business.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Monitoring user needs and feedback, continually improving and expanding the product experience.
- Communicating and coordinating with all product stakeholders.
- Leading all product processes: ideation, prototyping, UX design, user research/feedback, development and product performance.
- Owning the product strategy, use case prioritisation and roadmaps in the context of the company objectives.
- Working cross-functionally with other teams and customers to define product requirements, success metrics, use cases, specifications, user flows and mockups to optimise delivery.
- Constantly innovating on behalf of our members and customers, defining, designing and testing best-in-class products and features.
- Managing and mentoring other team members.
- A university degree in a relevant discipline.
- 5+ years of professional experience in digital product management.
- Passionate about solving problems to deliver excellent product experiences.
- Superior communication and articulation of product vision to stakeholders in verbal and written forms for getting their buy-in.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills, experience extracting data (using SQL) and analysing data to measure success.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good understanding of agile software development processes.
- Track record of rolling up your sleeves and delivering results in cross-functional initiatives.
- Track record of getting things done in a fast-paced environment by juggling competing priorities.
- Experience designing simple and intuitive user interfaces (wireframes and mockups)
- Experience managing and mentoring junior members.
- Experience or degree in the health sciences and/or health research.
- Formal qualification in product management or UX design.
- Experience with any of these areas: Search engine optimisation (SEO), email marketing and conversion optimisation.
- Experience with UX/UI design.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Trello, Miro and Adobe XD (tools currently in use)