Are you a Product Manager with a technical background in Ops or Dev?
Or, are you an Site Reliability Engineer, Architect, or Software Engineer who enjoys thinking about strategy almost as much as you like learning new programming languages?
Are you ready to be part of a fast-paced, growing software company, and one that’s disrupting a multi-billion dollar industry? If so, read on!
We are the only multi-platform, SaaS-native application and IT operations performance management company. We thrive on providing solutions and tools that help engineering and operations teams monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize the performance of their web, mobile, and browser applications across application, SaaS and infrastructure tiers. And, we are having a ton of fun doing great work.
We are looking for a Product Manager who understands the difference between PUT and POST, interpreted and compiled, threads versus events, hypervisor and virtual machine, Dev and Ops but who also understands business strategy, constraints, and planning.
At New Relic, you will be a core leader in the team responsible for driving product strategy and vision, relations with customers and our partner ecosystem, working with Engineering to deliver breakthrough products, and growing the business in partnership with Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success teams.
- Develop the overall product strategy for New Relic Infrastructure’s on-host integrations, informed by customer and market insights, competitive pressures, technical capability, and internal initiatives/assets – and use it to align and energize key stakeholders and team members responsible for the overall business.
- In collaboration with Engineering, define a detailed, rolling 4-quarter product roadmap based on the product strategy and drive the alignment of key releases to deliver on the roadmap; adjust the roadmap as needed based on key metrics, market forces, and changes in execution resources.
- Lead the business during the full product lifecycle – from requirements definition, to delivery, to end of life – collaborating with other teams across the company, including Engineering, UX, QA, Ops, Support, and Marketing and Sales counterparts.
- Communicate a clear set of business priorities and customer imperatives at all times and actively work with the extended team to drive key trade-off decisions.
- Establish business metrics and key customer/market research questions and work with market research (or build your own process) to gather key customer insights to inform optimization or new product development. Maintain an active view of key competitors and their anticipated next moves. Deeply engage other parts of the team in this process.
- Collaborate with Sales Management, Marketing, Finance, and other relevant teams to provide the market context and key drivers that feed the revenue forecast and longer-term outlook and TAM. Actively engage and solve for business limiters within your control and passionately pursue accelerants.
- Meticulously think through every aspect of the overall customer experience, putting users’ needs first in the definition of requirements. Continuously seek improvements to the customer experience working with the UX and Engineering team to better drive the business and/or key metrics.
- Serve as key spokesperson for the business, delivering clear, compelling communications up and across New Relic and outside the company to position your product for success and garner any support required to successfully execute the business. Actively support Go to Market and ongoing marketing activities in partnership with Product Marketing and the Sales team.
Skills and Experience:
- At least two years of software product management – or software operations or development with product planning responsibilities – experience
- Exposure to the infrastructure software (MySQL, Nginx, Kafka, Cassandra, etc..). Bonus points if you have worked with container technology.
- Experience as a Site Reliability Engineer, Architect, or Software Engineer and knowledge of web technologies
- Experience working in medium-to-large software companies
- Experience working on or managing enterprise/business-to-business products
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to lead via influence, patience and determination
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills, including data analysis
- Background in SaaS and cloud-based software
- Participation in all stages of the software development lifecycle
- Eligible to work in Spain (EEA, http://europa.eu/about-eu/countries/).
- Nice to have: BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
To get started, click on the link below. To fast track your application, let us know in your cover letter why this job, product, and/or company is of particular interest to you. We look forward to talking!
We’re hiring at all experience levels, and we’re particularly interested in having a diverse team with a broad set of skills and viewpoints. We carefully consider every applicant that takes the time to apply.
- Competitive salary: 50,000 – 60,000 EUR
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks…) to keep you healthy and comfortable.
- Fresh fruits, snacks and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
A little about us:
New Relic is a software analytics company that, on behalf of our customers, makes sense of billions of metrics about millions of applications, all in real time. Our comprehensive SaaS-based solution for web and mobile applications consolidates the performance monitoring data into a single, powerful interface. Our customers use New Relic every day to optimize their software.
New Relic is a San Francisco Best Places to Work award winner, an Oregon “Top Workplace” award winner, named a leader in the Gartner’s 2013 & 2014 “Magic Quadrant” for APM companies, a Top 100 OnDemand Company, Best of SaaS (THINKStrategies), Top 100 Coolest Cloud Computing (CRN); 10 Cloud Management Companies to Watch (NetworkWorld) – the list of accolades goes on. More important than all of that: we provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move.
Our Barcelona office was established two years ago with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. This is a unique opportunity to work at a startup within a NYSE company where the entire office fits around the lunch table. We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, monitoring, very large scale data processing, intuitive UX and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products. Our mission is to bring a complete monitoring and visualization solution compatible with all New Relic products. This comes with a multitude of opportunities for technical growth across different languages and platforms.
We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.) – all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a startup.
New Relic is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, individuals with disabilities, age, sexual orientation, protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law. Note: Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.