Location: Madison, WI
Asthma and COPD are two of the most frustrating challenges in healthcare. In the last 50 years, we’ve made huge leaps in developing new medicines and understanding the complexity of these diseases. Yet despite this progress, patients today aren’t doing as well as they could be. Medicines aren’t used correctly or consistently, and doctors don’t have the tools they need to deliver personalized treatment.
Propeller Health is changing that. We are the leading digital health company in respiratory care. Our technology helps patients and their doctors understand their disease, informs better treatment decisions and empowers people with asthma or COPD to take control of their condition and live better lives.
Product Management is the steward for Propeller Health’s two key constituents patients with Asthma and COPD and the healthcare providers that treat them. Product managers must exhibit strong leadership to ensure the solution we are creating equally serves both groups in an engaging manner that improves patient outcomes and creates a sustainable business. This means product managers must be strategic thinkers who can envision and empathize with our users throughout the entire patient journey. Technically product managers must understand the mobile, web, and hardware interfaces we employ and how they interact to create a holistic patient solution.
Why this job is important:
Reporting to the Director of Patient Experience, Propeller is looking for a solutions-oriented experienced product manager who will lead a cross-functional team to identify patient problems and business opportunities specific to patient engagement and retention. Specifically, this product leader will identify, evangelize and execute scalable solutions that facilitate patient engagement, patient orientation, and new retention-focused features.
The PM will need a strategic outlook as well as a quantitative mindset to plan and operationalize the platform and features that will empower stakeholders, like the marketing team, to take ownership of the various user enrollment funnel. In addition, the PM will need to develop a roadmap of features aimed at engaging, informing, and entertaining users prior to receiving and setting up the hardware required for Propeller’s connected solution. This will require a creative and experimental thinker who can test ideas and build support for new concepts across engineering, marketing, and commercial teams.
Consider Joining Us If You Are
- Eager to work at a fast-paced, agile company on a self-governed, highly collaborative cross-functional team
- Naturally curious, and believe in lifelong personal growth
- Not afraid to experiment and fail. Failure is an opportunity to learn, and is embraced as a core tenet of Propeller.
- A believer that technology can help solve hard problems and change the world
- Aware that technology, by itself, does not delight customers; the sweet spot is when we combine technology with practical solutions, surprises, utility, and social interaction
- A good listener who respects their colleagues, but who isn’t afraid to assert themselves
- An owner. You pick work up off the floor, guide collaboration, challenge assumptions, and solve hard problems
What We’re Looking For
- 3-5 years of working in a Product or equivalent role
- BA and equivalent experience
- Experience delivering measurable solutions that solve real business and user problems.
- Experience working on mobile (iOS & Android) and products
- Experience and comfort implementing with Agile methodologies
- Fearlessness and a comfort with uncertainty. You have an acumen for turning complex problems into actionable plans
What You Will Do
- You’ll use your passion for technology and solving customer problems to develop and drive product plans to develop an exciting offering for customers
- Lead Product Definition – Own and drive the customer working backward strategy, tenets, long-term goals, and working backward documents (press release, FAQ) including customer and market feedback, competitive analysis, and business metrics to inform direction.
- Drive Product Vision – Including all aspects to future roadmap, investment, innovation, and experimentation.
- Execution of Product Planning and Development – Including customer goals and product requirements for General Release, ensuring implementation and alignment with product goals and requirements.
- Lead Product Launch – Coordinate the GTM plan to deliver results that ensure fulfillment of customer and business goals in operational launch plans.
- Lead Operations – Including monitoring and response to customer feedback, continuous improvement and business growth, and utilizing data and product analytics to drive operational enhancements.
- Lead interaction with Technical Team – Including collaborating with the technical team to make decisions and tradeoffs based on customer requirements, QA/testing of the product, and competitive positioning.
- Work with marketing and user research to identify business and user problems & opportunities leveraging quantitative and qualitative data
- Build and maintain an objective-based backlog in Jira aligned with business objectives for the area of ownership
- Clearly communicate business and user problems to stakeholders of varying levels
- Successfully coordinate & execute design sessions/sprints with stakeholders
- Ensure proposed designs align with business/patient objectives.
- Coordinate usability testing of solutions prior to launch
- Write epics and executable users stories
- Acceptance test projects as they emerge from QA
- Manage release readiness and/or regulatory paperwork
- Clearly communicates solutions to all appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
- Measure the success/failure of all initiatives
What’s In It For You
- Work with a smart, creative and diverse team of professionals. Solving respiratory disease requires a wide array of disciplines to work together. Our team combines clinicians, regulatory experts, statisticians, data scientists and many other types of expertise to build the best respiratory solution possible.
- We care about balancing work with the rest of life. We encourage and support our team members to disconnect when they’re not working.
- Connecting as a team is important to us. We create plenty of opportunities to get together, and you can opt in where it makes sense for you.
- Please note: Propeller Health is currently functioning as a fully remote team while we build our plans to return to the office. When it is safe to return to the office, some team members will remain fully remote while others pursue a combination of remote and in-person work.
Excited about the position but not sure if you meet the requirements? Apply anyway.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups in technology and healthcare are highly encouraged to apply. An inclusive and equitable culture is at the heart of our organization. Growing a diverse team is key to understanding our patients better and accomplishing our mission: to make life better for every person and community affected by chronic respiratory disease.
Propeller Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building an equitable organization and growing a team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, each helping us understand our patients better. To do this, we strive to maximize access to every opportunity and cultivate a diverse set of candidates. We aim to provide every member of our team with support, mentorship, and growth opportunities. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, ability status, or any other differences. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. All are welcome here.