Location: Madison, WI
Asthma and COPD are two of the most frustrating challenges in healthcare. In the last 50 years, we’ve made huge leaps in developing new medicines and understanding the complexity of these diseases. Yet despite this progress, patients today aren’t doing as well as they could be. Medicines aren’t used correctly or consistently, and doctors don’t have the tools they need to deliver personalized treatment.
Propeller Health is changing that. We are the leading digital health company in respiratory care. Our technology helps patients and their doctors understand their disease, informs better treatment decisions and improves the quality of life of people living with asthma or COPD.
Why this job is important
Propeller is looking for a solutions-oriented experienced product manager who will lead a cross-functional team to identify platform level opportunities as well as develop solutions to help further enable our business operations. Specifically, this product leader will identify, evangelize and execute scalable solutions that facilitate international growth, customized solutions for pharmaceutical partners, and platform enhancements within our APIs, data pipeline, and internal and third-party tools. The PM will need a strategic outlook as well as a quantitative mindset to plan and operationalize the platform and features that will empower stakeholders, like the customer experience team, to support both our domestic and international users.
Consider Joining Us If You Are
- Eager to work at a fast-paced, agile company on a self-governed, highly collaborative cross-functional team
- Naturally curious, and believe in lifelong personal growth
- Not afraid to experiment and fail. Failure is an opportunity to learn, and is embraced as a core tenet of Propeller.
- A believer that technology can help solve hard problems and change the world
- Aware that technology, by itself, does not delight customers; the sweet spot is when we combine technology with practical solutions, surprises, utility, and social interaction
- A good listener who respects their colleagues, but who isn’t afraid to assert themselves
- An owner. You pick work up off the floor, guide collaboration, challenge assumptions, and solve hard problems
What we’re looking for
- 10+ years of related experience
- BA required
- MBA preferred
- Experience delivering measurable solutions that solve real business and user problems.
- Experience in a number of disciplines including but not limited to: working on mobile (iOS & Android) and products, implementing with Agile methodologies
- Fearlessness and a comfort with uncertainty. You have an acumen for turning complex problems into actionable plans that have a broad impact on the business.
What you will do
- You’ll use your passion for technology and solving customer problems to develop and drive product plans to develop an exciting offering for customers
- Lead Product Definition – Own and drive the customer working backward strategy, tenets, long-term goals, and working backward documents (press release, FAQ) including customer and market feedback, competitive analysis, and business metrics to inform direction.
- Define Product Vision – Including all aspects to future roadmap, investment, innovation, and experimentation.
- Execution of Product Planning and Development – Including customer goals and product requirements for General Release, ensuring implementation and alignment with product goals and requirements.
- Lead Product Launch – Coordinate the GTM plan to deliver results that ensure fulfilment of customer and business goals in operational launch plans.
- Lead Operations – Including monitoring and response to customer feedback, continuous improvement and business growth, and utilizing data and product analytics to drive operational enhancements.
- Lead Technical Team to achieve milestones and objectives-Lead technical team to make decisions and tradeoffs based on customer requirements, QA/testing of the product, and competitive positioning.
- Own operational functions within the Product team such as dashboards, reporting, and workflows
- Advise senior leaders across Propeller Health as a best practice resource representing the Product function, to shape Propeller digital services vision, strategy, goals, status, and customer impact.
- Develop team leadership and succession plan for the team by hiring, training, and mentoring individuals to meet their career development goals.
- Provide coaching and feedback on team member performance and career development.
Day to Day
- Network with key contacts in Operations, Business Intelligence, Business Development, marketing and user research to identify business and user problems & opportunities leveraging quantitative and qualitative data
- Build and maintain an objective-based backlog in Jira aligned with business objectives for the area of ownership
- Clearly communicate business and user problems to stakeholders of varying levels
- Successfully coordinate & execute the design and or brainstorming sessions with stakeholders
- Ensure proposed solutions and designs align with business/patient objectives.
- Coordinate usability testing of solutions prior to launch
- Write epics and executable users stories
- Acceptance test projects as they emerge from QA
- Manage release readiness and/or regulatory paperwork
- Clearly communicates solutions to all appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
- Measure the success/failure of all initiatives
What’s In It For You
- Work with a smart, creative and diverse team of professionals. Solving respiratory disease requires a wide array of disciplines to work together. For example, we have epidemiologists, physicians/clinicians on staff combined with regulatory experts, statisticians and data scientists to build the best respiratory solution possible.
- We care about balancing work with the rest of life. We encourage and support our team members to disconnect when they’re not working.
- Connecting as a team is important to us. We create plenty of opportunities to get together, such as regular summer cookouts for lunch, after work events like board game and hobby night, and our annual company-wide camping trip! You can opt in where it makes sense for you.
- A great office location in downtown Madison, steps from fun restaurants and shops!
- Please note: Propeller Health is currently functioning as a fully remote team, and will continue to do so at least until a vaccine for COVID-19 is widely available.
Excited about the position but not sure if you meet the requirements? Apply anyway.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups in technology and healthcare are highly encouraged to apply. An inclusive and equitable culture is at the heart of our organization. Growing a diverse team is key to understanding our patients better and accomplishing our mission: to make life better for every person and community affected by chronic respiratory disease.
Propeller Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building an equitable organization and growing a team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, each helping us understand our patients better. To do this, we strive to maximize access to every opportunity and cultivate a diverse set of candidates. We aim to provide every member of our team with support, mentorship, and growth opportunities. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, ability status, or any other differences. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. All are welcome here.