The Team: Ocean CFC Systems – Who are we?
We build the systems that run Ocado’s warehouses, fulfilling hundreds of thousands of customer orders per week for multiple retailers. We use extensive automation (conveyors, cranes, robots and more) to operate at a scale and efficiency that is unrivalled in our industry. Our systems operate across multiple levels of the technology stack, from low-level container movements to high-level route planning, warehouse management and reporting, and we are constantly optimising our solutions to deliver world leading service, accuracy and efficiency.
We believe in the power of agile and focus on delivering value incrementally, using data to constantly collect feedback from our systems to guide our future direction. Our teams operate with the freedom to work as they want and to design and build the best solution to business challenges they can.
What we’d like you to do
You will be working with key stakeholders within the Ocado fulfilment operations and the various development teams to help prioritise projects and features while balancing them with the work required to keep the development processes agile.
You will have responsibility for
- Developing the product vision and strategy to drive our systems and business processes forward
- Facilitating the agile processes and removing obstacles in workflow wherever required
- Product backlog management
- Working with stakeholders to define scope and prioritise stories to maximise business value using products created by the development teams
- Maintaining the development teams focus on delivering value, balancing multiple streams of requirements and schedules so that they can concentrate on what they do best: delivering great products!
- Working with development teams in estimation and review sessions
We’d like to hear from you if you have
- Demonstrable experience of working in an agile environment, ideally as a PO, but possibly as an agile coach or a similar role.
- An understanding and appreciation of software development and design and a technical skillset.
- 2:1 or 1st from a good university or equivalent work experience
We’d also be keen to see
- Previous experience in a Product Development role
- Track record delivering high-quality software that meets business need in a timely fashion.
- Experience in estimating the value of software features, and in cost-benefit analysis and constructing business cases.
- Knowledge and experience of Agile methodologies
- Experience of managing a product backlog
What we can offer you
Technically stretching work is a given. We want you to push technological boundaries and create solutions to problems people haven’t even thought about yet; so we’ll give you the freedom and the tools and the playful, stimulating working environment you need to do what’s never been done before. s well as a competitive salary and share schemes, benefits include pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loan, free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and, of course, healthy Ocado staff discounts (and free delivery) across our Webshops including.
As well as a competitive salary and share schemes, benefits include pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loan, free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and, of course, healthy Ocado staff discounts (and free delivery) across our Webshops including Groceries, Fetch, Sizzle and Fabled. We also have Friday socials on the first Friday of every month, sports clubs such as badminton, running and table tennis (and much more) not to mention our frequently used foosball table.