We are a small team looking for our first Product Manager to ramp up our product management approach. You will collaborate with engineers, designers, and other stakeholders to update current products and deliver new products. You will work closely with the founding team to build products based on customer research and the founder’s vision and work with cross-functional teams to develop Firmware (for IoT hardware) and software (AI/ML) products for both utility and commercial building water systems.
- Product delivery – Document clear requirements for product features, create and manage development backlog and coordinate launch and go to market activities.
- Product discovery – Spend time with our customers and become an expert in their needs through qualitative user interviews and surveys. Conduct market and competitive analysis to assess how to differentiate our products.
- Product roadmap – Own roadmap and requirements and design of new products and updates of current products.
- Cross-functional work – Work with design and engineering on scoping, task management, implementation, and follow-up after launch. Collaborate with other stakeholders including business development and customer success to ensure smooth delivery of new features.
- Prioritization – help determine what features we should work on, why they are important, how they should work, and how they should be prioritized.
In laypeople’s terms, help us build great new products that delight customers.
- Past experience with firmware and/or AI/ML, IoT or SaaS products
- Strong communication skills and ability to engage within all levels of bureaucratic (customer) organizations.
- Experience with making trade-offs and prioritization in shipping products.
- Thoughtful consideration of decisions and their impact on others.
- Ability to get things done by influence and persuasion rather than outright authority.
- Ownership mindset – caring about seeing features through from start to finish.
- Empathy and humility.
- Familiarity with serverless software system architecture design and development.
- Working experience with Github/Git, Trello, Jira, Slack and GCP.
This role is remote.