Changing the way the world deals with death
Dealing with death — losing a parent, a partner or a best friend — is the hardest thing most people ever go through. For too long, it’s been a dreary affair with top hats, paperwork, and bureaucracy. We think it’s time for things to change.
At Farewill we build the best products in the world for dealing with death. Beautifully designed, easy to use, built for taking care of the people you love.
We’re looking for product managers to join our passionate, inclusive, and ambitious organisation to help us fulfil our mission: to change the way the world deals with death.
One of the fastest-growing startups in the UK, in the last 12 months we’ve:
- Averaged an NPS of 82
- Hit 8,500 Trustpilot reviews at 4.9/5
- Grown from 50 to 125 people
- Grown revenue 800%
- Closed our £20m Series B
- Won major National Awards (Consumer Business of the Year, Economic Innovator of the Year, Employer of the Year to name a few)
- Featured in the Top 20 Companies to work for in London in 2020/2021
- Featured in the The UK’s 100 Best Mid-sized Companies to Work For 2021
- Raised over £350m for charity
Joining Farewill as a product manager presents an incredible and unique opportunity to make a meaningful difference in people’s lives.
We believe in empowering our product teams to chart their own course towards our strategic priorities. As a PM, you’ll look after a cross functional product team made up of designers, engineers, analysts, researchers, and writers. As a member of the product guild, you’ll contribute to our broader vision for the product function at Farewill as well.
We’re looking for a product manager focused on building experiences for our customers, as well as a product manager with a business to business remit and a product manager focused on growth. We’re happy to discuss in more detail in the initial prescreen so don’t hesitate to apply if you think there could be a fit.
In the next 12 months, you will:
- Work with a committed cross-functional team and enable them to do great work by providing both hands on and strategic product guidance on a daily basis
- Either take a new product opportunity from zero to one or radically move the needle on one of our existing products
- Gain deep domain understanding on the problems we’re tackling through data, research, and understanding customer needs
- Define the problems your team will solve and build a compelling product vision informed by customer insights, stakeholder input, and commercial plans
- Turn the vision into objectives, success metrics, and a plan of action, running rituals and creating artefacts like product roadmaps to give your team clarity and focus
- Embrace experimentation and innovation by testing ideas and shipping features to learn from, then iterate on them with your team to achieve better outcomes
- Join our PM guild, helping raise the standards of the product discipline at Farewill as well as helping each other grow and develop as PMs
We’re looking for someone with experience:
- Building and shipping end-to-end customer experiences on consumer products
- Collaborating with a product team made up of cross-functional colleagues, including establishing effective rituals and processes to help your team do their best work
- Going through the whole digital product lifecycle, defining and shipping a launch version, gathering actionable insights from data and research on a live product, prioritising what to work on to meet customer needs, and executing on product iterations
- Presenting a compelling vision linking how product, marketing, and other business functions contribute to the overall success of a product
- Communicating with and managing senior stakeholders through impeccable written and verbal communication
Not requirements, but nice to have – someone with experience:
- Working in an ambiguous product domain
- Using Looker or other similar business intelligence tools
- Collaborating with researchers and designers on product discovery
If this sounds like it matches your experience and what you’d love to do, we can’t wait to hear from you!
If you’re unsure whether you fit our criteria exactly, please get in touch anyway. We care just as much about capability and attitude. But get in touch soon, applications close on July 2nd.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary and generous stock options
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Flexible working including when you start & end your day, and how often you come into the office*
- Personal development budget of 3 days and £1000 per year
- Regular ‘passion talks’ and a range of team socials
- Santander cycles membership
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people’s lives and deaths
- And much more!
*Currently our lovely office in Haggerston is available if people want — and only if they want. Previously, we had work from home Wednesdays, however, our current plan is to move to a mix of office-based and remote working.
At Farewill, our mission is to change the way the world deals with death – to make it simple, personal, fairly-priced & accessible to everyone.
To do that, we want to build a workplace that’s great for everyone, that celebrates diversity in all its forms, and where everyone who works for us feels like they can be themselves, bring their whole selves to work, and be treated fairly, equitably and respectfully.
We believe flexibility is important, so we’re happy to chat to you about flexible/remote working options. And, If you need any flexibility or adjustments in our interview process – to help set you up for success – then please let us know too.