Senior Product Manager
MOO’s looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead it’s ‘Money’ team, who develop the checkout and account services. Everything we do at MOO is grounded by the needs, wants and behaviours of our customers. They inspire us and tell us when we’re on the right track, and when we’re not. We experiment, we make big and small changes, and we enjoy the fact that everything we do has the potential to impact & delight customers daily.
As the Senior Product Manager for Money you’ll need to influence and articulate the overall product vision. Then, work with your multidisciplinary team to define requirements that meet the needs of the business and the consumer. Analytically minded, you will be able to analyse the impact of product features and provide insightful recommendations for continuous improvement.
What you’ll be working on:
- Shape the Product Strategy and Roadmap for the Money product area.
- Know your customers and their problems. Form value propositions and validate them through customer research and tests; learning about customers’ habits and drivers, and building hypotheses to prove/disprove.
- Manage stakeholders and identify new opportunities by working across the business.
- Lead and inspire the team to deliver great work, owning the backlog, clearly articulating and agreeing the user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Prioritise and own the resolution of defects and testing cross device/OS.
- Keep abreast of new technical developments which could enhance or revolutionise the product and customer experience.
- Monitor KPIs and prove incremental value of work delivered by the team.
- Mentor junior POs and contribute to the Product Owner Guild to share your knowledge and learn from others.
- You LOVE product. You love taking things apart, putting them back together, discovering problems and debating features. You are intrigued by juicy product problems in search of elegant, simple solutions. You love to learn and are quick to recognise failures and pivot the product based on learnings. You are a self-starter who is quick to take direction and run with it.
- You love building and strategising. Your perfect week might include a user story mapping session; deep diving for insights in your analytics dashboard; discussing with stakeholders the perfect balance of optimisation and innovation; reviewing and signing off stories and celebrating wins with cake!
- You are customer-centric. Real, actionable customer insights rock your world. You value user research and actively seek out opportunities to understand customer needs for quick wins and as the basis for innovation. You are positive, empathetic and persistently patient.
- You have commercial chops. You speak the language of ecommerce, marketing, conversion and UX best practices and can adapt your communication style depending on your audience. You are driven by KPIs and evidence. You will have 4+ years of leading product teams within high growth environments.
MOO is a multi-award-winning technology, design & print company. We’re passionate about making great design accessible to all.
We pride ourselves on providing amazing quality print products and a fantastic customer experience for everyone, everywhere.
Founded in 2006, we’ve grown a lot since then and the total team is well above 400 people in 6 locations across UK & US. Our multi-disciplinary product teams work together in our beautiful design centric offices in Farringdon, London.
Along with the encouragement to really “be yourself at work”, great roles and opportunities to grow in your specialism & career, we offer comprehensive benefits including matched pension, paid parental leave, 25 days holiday rising to 30 through tenure, private healthcare insurance, life insurance, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and an ice cream fridge stocked with at least 4 flavours of Magnum and more cake than you’ve ever seen.
Diverse teams build better products
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and backgrounds will consistently lead to a better workplace for our MOOsters (employees) and a better product for our customers.
MOO does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class. We are actively working to create a diverse & inclusive team.