The University of Southern California is seeking a product manager that will be responsible for supporting the vision and build of a new learning and community platform for USC Online. This role will be responsible for contributing to the development and delivery of the learning modules, building the new platform, and supporting the development of key features. In addition, this role requires excellent communication skills, the ability to collaborate with a wide range of roles and departments and an inherent drive to create high-quality work.
Working closely under the direction of the Executive Director of Continuing Education, the product manager supports the growth, scale, and expansion of USC Online.
As we build the team for USC Online we are looking for collaborative individuals comfortable in a start-up environment and excited by innovative ideas and dedicated to producing a compelling, best-in-class online experience. This position may be required to work extended hours, including, evenings, weekends, and holidays at certain points throughout the year.
Top priorities include:
- Overseeing the development and management of the new platform and ensuring that it is user friendly and easy to navigate.
- Managing the day to day implementation of strategy, operations, and assignments to team members.
- Overseeing course development and delivery of learning modules.
- Creating and managing the ongoing product roadmap based on priorities set by the Executive Director
- Collaborating closely with the CMO and Director of IT, and other USC staff as needed.
- Managing the digital project workflows across functions to ensure seamless integration, requirements are met, and that they are executed.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
5 plus years of experience and a track record of success in a combination of digital delivery, digital product ownership, and digital product management in digital education.
Experience managing a cross-functional team successfully.
Experience with digital product development and rapid team transformation and change.
Direct, recent experience delivering mobile digital products.
Extensive experience developing against a digital roadmap and growing digital audience.
Experience in leading cross-functional teams as a self-starter who thrives in fast-paced work.
A natural collaborator with excellent communication skills, equally comfortable talking tech with developers, user experience with designers, copy and positioning with product marketers, numbers with finance and marketing, and strategy with executive leadership.
Solid understanding of digital product development best practices including, agile, UCD, interface design, lean, A-B testing, and software development and deployment.
Strong analytic skills and the ability to balance intuition with data in making decisions.
Experience managing content-driven products in B2B and B2C environments preferred.