Senior Product Manager, BarkBox
Do user interviews, product discovery, and prioritization make your tail wag? Do you spend weeknights cozied-up with your dog, a tasty beverage, and some fresh data? Do you find yourself constantly asking “What if there was an app for dogs that…” and wondering where all the other dog-crazy people are? If so, we should totally sniff butts (figuratively).
BARK is a fast-growing business for people who absolutely love dogs and want to build things to make dogs happy. The Product Manager, BarkBox will be tasked to make the magic happen. You will be responsible for the largest business in our Commerce portfolio (BarkBox and BarkShop), working on a broad range of goals from conversion to retention to customer NPS. You’re an analytical and accountable product leader that gets your fix by communicating across functional teams, juggling competing priorities, and building your vision for the bigger picture. Empathy comes naturally to you, and you’ll do whatever it takes to help your team succeed.
- Define product vision and strategy for the growing BarkBox business, in a fast-paced environment. Push innovation as you build for the vast majority of BARK customers.
- Accomplish high-level business objectives by creating achievable plans for the team. Develop and communicate annual strategy with stakeholders.
- Partner closely with Design and Development to test, launch, and iterate projects, tracking impact throughout the process.
- Learn about and advocate for the user, gathering and sharing insights regularly.
- Manage, prioritize, and communicate product backlog and roadmap.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders, ensuring best possible holistic user experience as you improve the product.
- 4+ years of experience in successful product development at scale.
- E-commerce experience with both user-facing and operational features.
- Keen sense of design and ability to wire/prototype concepts.
- Strong analytical skills with mutticulous attention to detail. Data should speak to you. Ability to create back-of-the-envelope business models.
- Working understanding of programming languages and frameworks.
- Empathy, optimism, curiosity, humility, and a somewhat inappropriate sense of humor. Openness to poop jokes is a must.
- You have a dog and are obsessed with making dogs happy and healthy.
- B.S. in computer science, product design, or product management.
- Previous experience in start-up environments.
- Product experience with native mobile and web applications.
- Your Instagram feed is all dogs all the time.
BARK is, literally, for the dogs. We are obsessed with making dogs, and the people who love them, happy. If this requires giving belly scratches until we get carpal tunnel or listening to squeaky toys until our ears bleed, that’s cool.
We are the pups and people behind:
- BarkBox, the monthly box of toys and treats;
- BarkShop, to find puppy-tested, hooman-approved goodies;
- BarkPost, your daily dose of dog news; and
- BarkLive, for events that expand on the experiences you can share with your dog and other dog-ruvers.