We’re Happy Scribe, a 100% bootstrapped startup based in Barcelona.
We offer transcription and subtitling services by combining AI with the expertise of language professionals to create a 5-star product. We’re working on one of the fundamental problems of this decade: speech-to-text technology.
We’re just 10 people at the moment, but growing fast and profitable and we’re building the team thoughtfully and with a lot of care.
What you’ll do
- As a Product Designer at Happy Scribe you will take over a part of the job that André, our CEO and co-founder has done since starting Happy Scribe. Some of the things that you will be doing.
- Fully autonomous from discovery to delivery; you will be in charge of pursuing user research and converting it into delightful product user experiences.
- Be the center of user-empathy in the company; you’ll be the bridge between support, engineering, sales.
- You have the roadmap under control, from discovering high-impact problems to solve, to measuring the success & failures of new releases.
- Productise and standardise the transcription and subtitle market with consistent experiences that impact 10,000s of people.
What you’ll bring
We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team and believe that they can come from anywhere. Extensive CVs and endless cover letters don’t impress us. Driven people that are skin in the game do.
- You have a clear design methodology. You know where you’re going and you have a plan A, B and C on how to get there.
- You have the communication skills to help set up roadmaps and make strategy come to life.
- You truly care about understanding customer needs: you enjoy reading support tickets, jumping on sales calls or unexpected customer interviews to listen to pain points and needs.
- You take ownership of your work and responsibility for every detail. When something is off it’s almost offensive to you.
- You have a strong entrepreneurial mindset: you enjoy being scrappy and aren’t scared of showing your work early.
This role is based in Barcelona and while there is some flexibility, we can’t accept applications from people who are unable to relocate. We’re a small team of 10 and we work best when we’re together.
We’re excited about people who are already experts in their fields as well as people who are not yet specialised but show high potential. By “high potential” we mean people who have demonstrated the ability to ramp up quickly in a new domain and produce results.
We are not credential-driven—rather, we want to understand your unique background and what you can contribute to our team.
🕊️Happy Scribe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications from all people and all walks of life.
Meeting with André to better understand your experiences and motivations.
Deep-dive interview with Pau and Marc.
Technical/Case study interview with Marc and André.
Half a day with the team.
How to Apply
💌 Interested? Send an email to email@example.com
In English only.
Include links that best showcase the work you’re the proudest of.
Keep it short and sweet.
☝️Make sure you read About Us · Life & Team · Why Happy Scribe? before applying.
Questions about the role? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a lot more open roles, check them out here.