Quickly maturing startup seeking like minded Sr. Product Manager! Packet Fabric has created the easiest platform for networks to connect and exchange traffic, regardless of location. The technical team is a small, talented, and close knit group. We share a bond formed from the love of running head long at difficult problems and finding highly effective solutions.
As a well rounded user product manager, your contributions will be the most highly visible in the organization, and to our customer base. You should have a healthy appreciation of facing a variety of diverse challenges outside of your comfort level and working under pressure. This position focuses exclusively on our core networking product set, so intimate technical familiarity with how networks function is a necessity. A typical day in the life of a product manager just might include:
- Owning our core network and software roadmap. Working with stakeholders to prioritize features on the roadmap, always staying focused on ruthless reduction of user friction.
- Working close with the UI/UX teams to create prototypes for new features, gathering feedback from customers, and refining to create amazing user experiences.
- Measuring and driving success in all aspects of core platform product portfolio: competitiveness in market, supply/demand planning, costing/negotiations, NPI, marketing, demand gen, adoption, CSAT/NPS, frictionless and fast support, and ultimate success of P&L.
- Managing product pricing strategy, structure, levels: become an expert on PacketFabric’s underlying economics; produce financial models and P&L pro forma; competitive analyses; assess customer and market economics and gauge price sensitivity;
- Gaining a thorough understanding of underlying unit economics, producing financial models, and conducting analysis of market pricing to determine product pricing.
- Work with business development to create business cases for new partnerships and integrations within the ecosystem.
- Working with marketing on messaging, value proposition and related demand generation campaigns.
- Working with sales to establish sales motion and and sales strategy for both direct and channel sales.
- Partnering across all stakeholders and creating go to market strategies for new products, coordinating and communicating these plans across the company.
- Creating training for the sales team on new products.
- Creating competitive analysis against other products in the industry.
- Talking to end users to be their voice in the company on product and features.
- Developing use cases for new features or existing products.
- Present, advocate and evangelize the company’s solutions in customer meetings and conferences.
- Researching customer feedback you may have to improve the platform overall and sharing with the product, software, and network teams.
Skills & Requirements
The candidates who will exceed in this role probably have a CS degree, a solid background in engineering, a good dose of financial experience, and just happened to naturally gravitate towards planning and creating amazing products with clarity that user experience can make or break even the best ideas.
- 7+ years of experience in product management, technical marketing or sales engineering role.
- Working technical knowledge of many different cloud providers (Amazon, Google, etc).
- Exceptional presentation skills, being able to both create quality content with PowerPoint or Slides and deliver it.
- Strong operational and program management experience, including designing and operating programs, budget management, analysis and modeling, and translating data and analytics into insights and recommendations to drive ROI
- Proven ability to create detailed business cases demonstrating through understanding of the problem, solution, market, and economics
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, that accompanies excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and proficiency with Excel.
- Passionate about driving decisions with data
- Experience creating key performance metrics, and financial business intelligence to enable decisions throughout the company.
- A desire to break the mold and shrug the tried and true when it comes to displaying complicated data sets.
- A never ending drive to create easy and intuitive products that perform complicated networking tasks.
- Never afraid to question notions or beliefs of how things should be done.
- Previous work experience as software or network engineer.
About Packet Fabric, Inc.
What Packet Fabric doesn’t offer:
- a dress code – so sorry, no casual Fridays
- pre-meetings where we plan meetings
- hours wasted in traffic commuting to the office
- dull moments
- rigid and defined job structure
What Packet Fabric does offer:
- an opportunity to create in the space of new technologies like SDN and large data sets
- flexibility to play the different hats in a start up
- the change to disrupt entrenched Internet infrastructure
- interaction and involvement with the community groups such as Open-IX, Nanog, and RIPE
- new and interesting problems around automation of fundamental Internet infrastructure
- a team that likes to learn from each other
- a continuous develop environment where we always turning out new features
- the ability to work with many different technologies
- the ability to work with lots of open source technology
- a non-corporate and relaxed atmosphere, with small company culture
- VERY good health, dental, and 401K