Quickly maturing startup seeking like minded Product Manager of Ecosystem! PacketFabric has revolutionized how companies procure, deploy, and manage network connectivity with our network-as-a-service platform. The product team is a small, talented, and close knit group and we need someone who has a passion for automating network interaction.
What PacketFabric Offers
- The chance to disrupt the entrenched Internet infrastructure industry.
- A supportive and optimistic team that likes to learn from each other.
- A product development pipeline that’s always pushing new features and enhancing the quality of existing products.
- The opportunity to work with many different technologies.
- The opportunity to work with lots of open source technology.
- A small company culture.
- A flat reporting structure.
- Outstanding health, dental, and 401(k) for US residents.
What PacketFabric Doesn’t Offer
- Lack of direction: we maintain a clear roadmap and product pipeline.
- Pre-meetings: we don’t hold meetings to plan other meetings.
- A commute: no hours wasted in megaregion rush hour traffic.
- A dress code: a robe and slippers is acceptable attire any day of the week.
As a well rounded product manager, your business leadership will make a big impact on our product. You should have a healthy appreciation of facing a variety of diverse challenges outside of your comfort level and working under pressure. This position focuses on our cloud connectivity (Amazon AWS, Google GCP, Microsoft Azure and others) services as well as our B2B connectivity services.
A typical day in the life of a Cloud and Ecosystem Product Manager might include:
- Owning our Cloud Connectivity and Ecosystem roadmap. Working with stakeholders to prioritize features on the roadmap, always staying focused on ruthless reduction of user friction.
- Measuring and driving success in all aspects of cloud connectivity product portfolio: competitiveness in market, supply/demand planning, costing/negotiations, NPI, marketing, demand gen, adoption, CSAT/NPS, frictionless and fast support, and ultimate success of P&L.
- Managing product pricing strategy, structure, levels: become an expert on PacketFabric’s underlying unit economics; produce financial models and P&L pro forma; competitive analyses; assess customer and market economics and gauge price sensitivity;
- Gaining a thorough understanding of underlying economics, producing financial models, and conducting analysis of marketing pricing to determine product pricing.
Working with cloud providers to create co-selling and co-marketing strategies and materials
- Working with marketing on messaging and setting priorities for cloud and ecosystem related demand generation campaigns.
- Working with sales to establish sales motion, value proposition, and and sales strategy for both direct and channel sales.
- Partnering across all stakeholders and creating go to market strategies for new products, coordinating and communicating these plans across the company.
- Creating training for the sales team on new products.
- Creating competitive analysis against other products in the industry.
- Talking to end users to be their voice in the company on product and features.
- Present, advocate and evangelize the company’s solutions in customer meetings and conferences.
- Developing use cases for new features or existing products.
- Researching additional ideas you may have to improve the platform overall and sharing with the product, software, and network teams.
The candidates who will excel in this role probably have a strong technical background and likely have a CS degree, along with a good dose of cloud knowledge, and naturally gravitate towards planning and creating amazing products.
- 5+ years of experience in product management, technical marketing or sales engineering role.
- 3+ years experience in a technical role, building and using services on major and/or alternative cloud providers
Strong understanding and experience with data center colocation and cloud infrastructure markets including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Exceptional presentation skills, being able to both create quality content with PowerPoint or Slides and deliver it.
- Strong operational and program management experience, including designing and operating programs, budget management, analysis and modeling, and translating data and analytics into insights and recommendations to drive ROI
- Proven ability to create detailed business cases demonstrating through understanding of the problem, solution, market, and economics
- Ability to identify and translate emerging trends into product strategy, features, and enhancements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about driving decisions with data, and fairly handy with Excel
- Experience creating key performance metrics, and financial business intelligence to enable decisions throughout the company
- The mindset to automate everything, all the time
- Never afraid to question notions or beliefs of how things should be done
- Ability to thrive working independently, cross-functionally, and in a 100% remote organization
- Solid understanding of edge networking, cloud network topologies, and enterprise network topologies
- Previous experience in an SRE, or DevOps role