Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity. We take personal ownership in what we do, developing trust in our relationships with internal and external stakeholders. We firmly believe in having honest, forthcoming, and fair communications.
This position will be within the new Fluence Digital business unit, formed following Fluence’s acquisition of San Francisco-based start-up AMS. Fluence Digital’s software technology uses artificial intelligence, advanced price forecasting, portfolio optimization and market bidding to ensure energy storage and flexible generation assets are responding optimally to price signals sent by the market.
This Product Manager will be an integral member of the Fluence Digital team and collaborate with cross functional teams to bring advanced forecasting and optimization products to life. The role will be responsible for creating and maintaining roadmaps from concept through execution and delivery for existing and new SaaS products.
The core objective of the role is to deliver top quality product solutions to customers and internal stakeholders by serving as the critical connection between customer needs, business strategy, solution design, and software development. Key role responsibilities include:
- Develop and own key parts of the platform product strategy and roadmap
- Translate user needs into scalable features and offerings
- Break down complex problems into user focused solutions
- Determine and provide clear prioritization and direction to engineering and data science teams
- Design and build processes to help scale team, product, and company growth
- Work alongside other product managers to collaborate on platform level components
- Communicate acceptance criteria and expected behaviors to QA team
- Partner with operations and analytics teams to identify key performance metrics
The ideal candidate will have the following skills/abilities:
- Proven track record of taking ownership and initiative
- Comfortable with ambiguity and complex technical problems
- Desire to motivate and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Fluent in product development processes, milestones, and metrics
- Passion for and knowledge of renewable energy systems and energy markets
- Strong conceptual understanding of machine learning and AI systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 4 or more years of experience working on SaaS products, including 2 or more years of experience as a product manager
- Experience working with data science driven products is a bonus
We are always looking for employees who are excited by challenges and the opportunity to be problem-solvers. Our entrepreneurial mindset allows for creativity, sense of urgency and fulfillment. Our employees love what we do and are passionate about the way we power our world.
- The Fluence Digital team is highly motivated by developing advanced optimization strategies to transform the way we power our world. We are deeply concerned by our changing climate and excited to have the opportunity to play a part in making low-carbon projects more viable.
- The role will be based in Fluence Digital’s San Francisco office (remote candidates will be considered), and will report to Director of Product, with close interaction with Commercial, Engineering, and Data Science teams. The role will grow over time as Fluence scales its SaaS products to new customers, types of energy assets, and markets.