💡 About us 💡
Sideways 6 exists to change the world for the better by bringing ideas to life. We believe that great ideas can come from anywhere and that giving employees a voice is the secret to business success.
Over 4 million employees from the likes of Sainsbury’s, British Airways and Nestlé trust the Sideways 6 approach and we’re on a mission give 50 million people a voice. In 2021, Sideways 6 was named one of the Top 100 Mission-Led Organisations to Work For (read more here) thanks to our people.
We’re really proud of our 5-star reviews on Glassdoor and it’s a testament to the way we treat our employees. They are given lots of responsibility, lots of room to grow and develop and the chance to be part of something pretty special. The ‘Idea Beer’ probably helps too…
🤝 The Role 🤝
Reporting into the Head of Product, this is a hands-on position working alongside a team of c.15 product executives, engineers and designers spread across 2 offices.
As a Product Manager at Sideways 6 you will be doing end to end product management. You will be responsible for product planning, delivery and marketing throughout the product lifecycle.
You will develop a vision and roadmap for your product areas based on input from customers, users, market research, internal stakeholders and your own industry insight. You will work closely with Engineering and other teams to deliver products that align with this vision, meet market needs and that are delivered to a consistently high-quality standard. You will identify the key benefits and value of your product areas which will be used to create and maintain marketing plans and collateral.
💪 Responsibilities 💪
- Define the product strategy and roadmap for your product areas.
- Run feedback sessions and manage all customer feedback from internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor, report and improve product KPI’s including usage, performance and satisfaction.
- Be the recognized expert and go to person in the business on the product, the market, technology and the competition.
- Evangelise agile best practices and processes across the whole product lifecycle.
- Work with our Lead Designer in the research and design of features and create specifications that can be used during development
- Manage and prioritise a bug backlog and functional backlog in Azure DevOps and prepare fortnightly sprints.
- Lead and support the virtual product team to ensure delivery of agreed objectives.
- Lead daily scrum meetings, planning, reviews and retrospectives.
- Work with Product Marketing to create core positioning and messaging for the product
- Help build Go to Market plans and then deliver against it.
- Develop and deliver training to technical sales support, sales and customer success
- Develop and maintain good product wiki documentation
🎯 Requirements 🎯
- We’re looking for an ambitious product manager on an upward trajectory who’s hungry for a career-defining position where they can put a lot in and get a lot out
- Excited by the idea of a fast-growth start-up’s pace and challenges and an innate sense of urgency.
- Able to lead teams and maintain a strong working relationship with colleagues across offices.
- A passion and connoisseur’s eye for beautiful, effective design and the art of great product
- Product experience within a fast-growth B2B, Enterprise or SaaS business
- You will be working at the intersection of many different teams, so great communication skills are a must
- Experience working with APIs and / or integrated product sets.
💰 What’s on offer 💰
- Flexible working hours
- Generous educational budget to use at your discretion
- Choose your own equipment
- Generous holiday allowance
- Competitive base salary and career progression plan
- Regular social company gatherings
- An annual summer party in the sun
- A stake in a high-growth business