NortonLifeLock is a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety. Bringing together decades of experience in cybersecurity and identity theft protection, we are the consumer ally in today’s connected world. NortonLifeLock solutions are powered by one of the world’s largest civilian cyber intelligence networks allowing us to help protect against advanced online threats. Nearly 80 million members and customers in more than 150 countries trust us with their personal information. We’re dedicated to making it easy for them to keep their connected lives safer while helping to secure their devices, online privacy, identity, and home and family needs.
The Avira brand is part of NortonLifeLock Inc. – a global company inspired by the people we help protect. Our success comes from our employees, working together, with a shared passion to help keep the digital world Cyber Safe.
You will join at a very interesting moment as we are in the process of completely rebuilding the look and feel of the Avira products on Windows. Instead of having many separate products installed, we will offer a well-integrated solution with a unique user experience.
As a Product Manager in the Windows Consumer Suites team you will play a key role in influencing the future product experience of Avira’s Windows portfolio.
The Windows Consumer Suites business unit is responsible for defining, architecting, developing and marketing Avira’s core offerings on the Windows platform. We are a cross functional team of 45 passionate and experienced colleagues.
Our unit consists of a team of Product Managers, Product Designers and User Experience Designers, responsible to define and market the product portfolio. Furthermore, our 6 development teams implement and maintain the product portfolio.
We apply state of the art methodology: We have an agile mindset and work in Scrum mode. We do user research and design sprints to approach new topics. Before implementing ,we do user testing. We strive to release new topics fast as MVPs to get early market feedback. We improve our existing implementations through experimentation (e.g. A/B testing). And we are data driven and take decisions based on statistical evidence.
What you will do
- Handle / balance product requirements from different stakeholders such as e.g. customers, marketing or management.
- Manage the product backlog.
- Define new features together with Product Designers and User Experience Designers (e.g. in design sprints or during normal day to day work).
- Conduct competitor research and analyze user needs.
Closely interact with the development teams to prepare (groom) upcoming sprints and to review ongoing implementation.
- Conduct sprint planning and review meetings.
Interact with marketing teams on campaigns and rollout new features.
- Define and analyze experiments to improve the product.
Interact with customer support (inform about new features, handle customer problems).
- University degree in information technology/engineering/business.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in product management, preferably in a B2C environment.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, proven ability to drive and deliver results.
- Strong analytic capabilities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and resources, including offshore teams.
- Must be a self-driven and motivated about getting results fast and finding solutions.
- Strong interest in learning latest technologies and new process.
- Ability to cope with changes and adapt to the changing market situations.
- Experience with security products/companies is a plus.
- Excellent written and spoken English; German is a plus.