You will be a founding member of our mobility team – an innovation team building the next generation of transportation solutions for our customers. Our team’s objective is to build apps and services that get our customers around using multiple forms of ground transport including taxis, cars, trains and so on.
We have set the team up as an internal start-up based in London. The team shares the upsides of being part of a bigger company – but with the speed, drive and autonomy of a fully independent, early-stage business.
We are looking for a highly-motivated Snr Product/Product Owner to be a central figure in this team. You will work closely with our Software Engineering manager and the mobility director to build an entirely new product from the ground up. The initial focus of the team is taxis but we plan for this to extend over time.
We are looking for someone who ‘gets’ product management, has a firm grasp of agile development, rapid prototyping and lean UX methodologies. Most of all we need somebody committed delivering an exciting new product. You will be determined to understand our customers’ interaction with all aspects of the product and validate enhancements through testing.
Join to be a part of an exciting growth journey: this is one of those rare opportunities to get involved in something big at the beginning. You will be based in London, but with some travel to the head office in Manchester. You will also be working closely with our sister company Booking.com in Amsterdam. You will report directly into the Mobility Director.
Rentalcars.com is the world’s largest online car rental booking service, arranging over 8.5 million rentals a year in more than 48,000 locations worldwide. We employ over 1,400 people from over 60 countries across 2 sites in Manchester city centre.
As a part of Priceline Group, we are a member of the world’s leading and most valuable travel group. Other group companies include Booking.com, Priceline.com, Kayak, Agoda, and OpenTable. In 2015, Priceline was one of Fortunes “most admired companies” for the third year in a row, behind only Alphabet (Google), Facebook and Amazon in the tech space
· Develop an understanding of current and future customer needs, problems and opportunities
· Develop hypotheses and rapidly test them using lean UX principles and intent testing
· Understand the needs of internal stakeholders (Marketing, Commercial, operations, etc)
· Work with the Mobility Director to define the strategy and direction for the product
· Work with senior architects, heads of development, delivery and operations to design and deliver products and services to delight our customers
· Act like an entrepreneur
· Work with the Mobility Director other senior stakeholders to create and operationalize the product strategy
· Define user problems and opportunities and propose product solutions to address these
· Use data to help prioritise new features
· Build, Maintain and groom the product backlog / Roadmap
· Own the products and features and be seen as an expert on your products
· Plan sprints, estimation sessions and retrospectives
· Develop concise user stories for use during agile development complete with acceptance criteria/scenarios, designs, context and proposed solution
· Collaborate with UX to develop designs, user journeys, prototypes and key success metrics.
· Work closely with the development team to understand what is possible, focusing on our tech estate to develop full and understandable descriptions for our stories.
· Report on performance against key success metrics and drive improvements against these metrics
· Constantly evolve processes and resources to improve quality and speed of delivery
· Work using Agile methodologies, developing products with feedback as we build them with the ability to pivot where needed.
Great experience working as a Senior Product/Product Owner or equivalent role
Experience working in an Agile Environment (SCRUM or KANBAN)
Familiarity with A/B testing or other multivariate testing.
Excellent problem solving, prioritisation and communication skills
Strong ability to understand how as well as why things are built and work closely with developers to understand the technical landscape, translating insight into clear epics & user stories.
Strong grasp of analytics (GA, HotJar, etc)
Other beneficial skills:
Experience in rapid prototyping and lean UX
Experience working in a startup environment
Experience in web/mobile e-commerce
Knowledge and experience in conversion optimisation
What we offer in return
Great office space in central London near Old Street & surrounded by the tech community
Full ownership of a brand-new product and an exciting technical challenge
All the security and potential of a company that is FTSE-100 equivalent, but with the autonomy, pace innovation of a start-up environment
Opportunity to shape the future of the team and the direction of a new business
25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays