At New Relic, we are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Experience Design team. You’ll help ensure our users get the most out of our platform by helping them traverse their stack and all of their telemetry data. You should take happiness in taking complicated problems and delivering simple and intuitive solutions to users.
As a designer, you’ll work on the experience of a large product domain, collaborating closely with product managers and engineers. You’ll play an instrumental role in shaping the developer experience across New Relic. If you’re a systems-thinker, and a passionate user-advocate like us, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do:
– Have an excellent understanding of the problem space before jumping into the solution space
– Drive the end-to-end design process of major experiences, while keeping them connected to the overall product experience
Partner closely with product, engineering, research, and our customers to propose a solution, seek feedback, and iterate based on data you collect
– Deliver a developer-centric experience via the gathering of user research and analytics insights to ensure developer needs are met with consideration of the developer tools and observability space
Apply both big-picture design thinking and attention to detail to sophisticated technical issues in a fast-paced environment
– Mentor and nurture younger design team members
– At least 4 years designing and shipping digital products, preferably in the B2B or Enterprise space
– Deep knowledge of the product development process, from product thinking to visual and interaction design
– Test-and-learn know-how to measure and refine designs based on user and market data
– A strong portfolio showcasing your best work that demonstrates your ability to produce thoughtful, real-world experiences
– Motivated self-starter who will work closely with cross-functional partners in product, engineering, research, and language
– A growth mentality with a desire to own sophisticated problems and results
– Strong eye for visual design and a love for high-quality design
– Experience with design tools like Sketch, Abstract, InVision, Figma
– Strong communication and presentation abilities (English-language)
*Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We’re looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement. What’s most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.